Potp’s greatest shelf warmer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Terradives, Jan 11, 2018.

?

What will be potp’s greatest shelf warmer?

1. Optimus primal

7.5%
  2. Optimus prime

2.5%
  3. Rodimus prime

1.4%
  4. Evil rodimus

13.2%
  5. Predaking

0.4%
  6. Starscream

50.5%
  7. Grimlock

1.4%
  8. Hungrr

0.7%
  9. Elita 1

6.0%
  10. Inferno

16.4%
  1. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Beastformers with organic alt modes shelf warm, i dont think primal will have that problem. Back when beast wars came out i thought those figures were hideous, then they switched to transmetal and i was hooked.

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    I have to agree with your initial statement. We aren’t going to determine whk shelfwarms, kids will. Everyone says Starscream because they don’t like the mold, but to a kid he’s one of the most popular bad guys, turns into a jet, and has semi-bright colors with shint stickers. That will sell well with kids.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    That's why I think Rodimus Cron will be the shelfwarmer. He is an unknown who only appears in a small webseries. He is high priced. He is a repaint of a figure that JUST came out. I just don't see him being popular. It is the same reason Dreadwind and Windcharger/Skrapnel will be peg warmers of their size class.

• Like Like x 3
  4. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the redone Windcharger but yeah I can see him warming because he came out in the CW line same with Skrapnel.

5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Cron isn’t coming out in multiple waves. Predaking will be mostly sold online. The leaders come 1 to a case and, so far, 1 case per store per shipment.

I tried to picture what I’ll see at TJ Maxx or Ollie’s. I think Hungrr has similar problems as Twinferno, TR’s biggest dud. I think kids are burnt out on fantasy beasts. Bayformers gave them all the fantasy beasts they’ll need. Toy stores are full of fantasy beasts and two headed dragons. Warcraft bombed as a movie a few years back and TLK just bombed. We’re on the back half of a fad there.

Inferno? As I recall, Hot Spot and Motormaster shelfwarmed. Might have done better to go with Pyro because the neon colors and caution tape might have at least brought in kids graduating from Rescuebots. Inferno is kind of boring.

And Hot Spot and Twinferno? Beloved by fans. Didn’t energize kids. So I carry that forward to Inferno and Hungrr. Inferno probably would have fared better with a limited boxed set with Ratchet and Red Alert.

6. DMaynor23

DMaynor23 Well-Known Member

I hope Unicronus is a peg warmer because it will make it easier for me to find one.

I'm no good at telling what will sell or not. Heck, I saw 3 Grimlocks and 1 Starscream at Target tonight. Maybe kids are burnt out on Grimlock from the movies???
    I still see TR Blitzwing and Six Shot at Walmart. I wouldn't have guess those as peg warmers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Skrapnel
    Jazz
    Rod

Hot sellers
    All the combiners
    Evil George Michael
    Legends Minibots

• Like Like x 3
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Compared to *Prime*?

I said Inferno because it's an old mold in a late wave, but honestly it'll probably be Prime just because he's in all three of the first three leader Waves.

9. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn’t Optimus Prime in the first and second Leader asst? I think that might make him a pretty good candidate...

10. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

I think prime is a lot more popular than primal, and while prime is in 2-3 waves we don’t know how many waves primal is in but primal will have limited sales outside of adult collectors. Even adult collectors will shy from him many already having a good enough or better version of primal. Whenever beasts have been in a wave they have been the shelfwarmer.

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    There's *one* version of Primal that would be "better" and it's a prohibitively expensive and increasingly difficult to obtain Masterpiece figure.

Other than that?

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    He's in all three known waves. Packed with Rodimus, Unicronus and Primal.

13. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I see Jazz and Windcharger peg-warming already. Out of the poll choices, I suspect it will be Inferno, but maybe it will be Rodimus Unicronus or whatever it's called. We'll see. I just want all of my Dinobots and Terrorcons, as well as female Autobots. I don't think Elita will be a shelf-warmer at all.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Obligatory: they have to be put on the shelf to warm the shelf

That said...I've actually seen Dreadwind and Starscream on shelves once and Jazz and Dreadwind dipped below $15 on Amazon in December. Not the Dinobots though, no (re)stocks and no discounts there. I don't see Predaking being stocked at all here. If POTP follows the precedence set by CW and TR, the leaders are out too.

I can see Moonracer sitting. Girl figure, sea foam coloring, and doesn't turn into anything recognizable. That would probably be my guess unless there's an awful single-packed voyager coming.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I said Inferno. Not as popular, and kind of boring.

• Like Like x 2
  16. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream by a landslide. I still have 8 I haven't sold yet...

17. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Cautiously Optimistic TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    For my money, I am going to say Optimus, sooner or later. As other people have mentioned, Prime is apparently packaged with all known leader class waves. The 1st wave might sell, but 2nd and 3rd? Probably no. Plus that TR Optimus (both of them!) are recent memories. Also, I am betting those Prime Masters (or whatever they are called) will shelfwarm. The stores I regularly visit always had a surplus of Titan Masters, except after Christmas...but everything was gone around that time. Any of those figures are PERFECT candidates; surprised none are on the list.

Jazz is apparently a hit at my Target. He's completely gone, with the other 3 (Dreadwind, Slug, Swoop) sitting in 2's or 3's. Jazz is the least impressive and weakest POTP figure in my opinion, so this comes as a surprise to me. I figured the Deluxe Dinobots would instantly disappear, but I was wrong. The Voyagers were completely gone as well, but there was a fair amount (1 or 2) of both Optimus and Rodimus. All legends and master figures are sitting on pegs too.

18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Character will multiple releases? You mean unlike Optimus prime, Starscream, Grimlock, and Hot Rod (who has had 3 new molds in the last 2 years)?

19. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Shrapnel. He's already sitting around where his wavemates used to be.

20. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Skrapnel.