[Potential Spoiler warning: New arrival speculation]

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GingaMagnus, Mar 8, 2013.

1. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

If there is a thread out there in a similar manner to this one, which I would be surprised if there wasn't, please feel free to close it down.

After seeing one of the newer trailers for the upcoming third season of Transformers Prime and looking at the front page description of the third episode in the lineup, My mind is fixated on the excitement and possiblities of which new Autobot we are supposed to be seeing.

We know Wheeljack is still alive from the clips we've been seeing recently, even being confirmed in the second episode's description. But now I ask you all who you think will be the newest Autobot?

Personally, I believe and HOPE it's Ultra Magnus. Maybe he is the "new Prime" Optimus was discussing. He could be referencing his transformation into the Beast Hunters form or another character, but this speculation is mostly rooted by the fact that all of the new Prime Magnus toys seem to come with the Forge of Solus Prime, A Prime exclusive weapon.

It could be just wishful thinking on my part out of the desperate hope to see my favorite character pop up in the show again, and the Forge being packed with Magnus could just be an excuse to have a toy version of the Forge. But that won't stop us all from throwing around what if's and theroies around.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I doubt Magnus is the new Prime, the leader of what's bascally a suicide squadren doesn't seem like the right choice for the job.

And anyone (if they're strong enough)can pick up the Forge and wield it as a weapon, but it won't function properly.

3. Sovereign Prime

Sovereign Prime Well-Known Member

Given the resolution of the "A New Prime" trailer, I can't seem to make out if the new Autobot was shown blowing a Vehicon out of the sky or if it was simply the Jackhammer or a flying Smokescreen. In any event, I conclude that Magnus will in fact show up at some point in time given the fact his toy is the only one not sporting a nose, unlike the other figures like Kup, which has come to be somewhat of a "signature" to Prime cybertronians, if you will.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Given the ridiculous amount of toys he's been getting lately and his appearance in those Dinobots comics, I'd be very surprised if it isn't Ultra Magnus.

I kinda hope he's not the Optimus-retool he seems to be getting, just because I'm getting real tired of this "CGI is expensive!!" bullshit.

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    There are three possibilities for the New Autobot:

Ultra Magnus
    Prowl
    The last unrevealed toy in the Beast Hunters line (which may be Huffer)

Both Ultra Magnus and Prowl would be redecos of preexisting models (Optimus, and Smokescreen), meaning they'd both have to be split-spark brothers to those characters. Because of this, I highly doubt more than one of them would show up (considering how big a deal everyone made about Dreadwing).

Because Ultra Magnus has gotten so many toys, one would think the new Autobot would be him, and not Prowl. As such, Prowl most likely will never appear in the show.

However, the last unrevealed toy is still an option. If it is Huffer, one must wonder if he will be the new Autobot. Going by last season having four new animation models, and this season potentially having three already (Optimus, Predaking, Beast Megatron), one more is allowable, which could go to Huffer. Huffer could just be a repaint of another toy in the toyline though, like BH Bulkhead or something.

If Huffer were to appear, I would think he'd be towards the end of the show, with his supposed toy being at the end of the line.

So, the new Autobot is most likely Ultra Magnus.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Magnus and Prowl. We've wanted 'em, so why not?

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd really like to see all three (Magnus, Prowl and Huffer) turn up, but that's mainly cause i'm utterly exhausted of the cast we have. It's long overdue to get some fresh blood in the ranks.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It'll probably just be Magnus. But I'd love if it was someone completely new and left-field.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

During Orion Pax O.P. searching through the scrubed Con database shows a schematic of an Autobot not him as leader of the Autobots.

The schematic is Ultra Magnus.

So unlike Bantor, Seaspray and every other named dead Wrecker we actually have a character model for Ultra Magnus.

10. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm throwing my bets on Ultra Magnus. Honestly, he seems like the perfect temporary leader at this moment. Taking over the Autobots at this point IS pretty much a suicide mission (well, from what the trailers show).

If he's not cautious as Optimus maybe he'll actually get some shit done.

11. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    I thought the producer of the show said that there will be new characters that haven't been seen for a long time, but some of us are familiar with them.

I vote Huffer, since I'm guessing that's the case due to that Beast Hunters toy of him we are getting.........

12. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    I say Ultra Magnus is the most logical choice. Bulkhead or Wheeljack may have contacted especially since he's the leader of the Wreckers.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Wheelie

But in seriousness, I believe it's gonna be Ultra Magnus.

14. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    UM would make the most logical sense, considering all of the evidence (toys, in-show reference), but I'd almost prefer ANYONE else. Never been a fan of Magnus, which was cemented by his dick-ish portrayal in Animated. Good thing Shockwave scrapped him.
    I just really wish the series gave us time for original characters. All these G1 nameslaps are tiring.

15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im going to say either ironhide or trailbreaker, since they just released the toy of him

16. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

Obvoiusly I hope I'll be Jazz...I wonder why...:D 

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

'Cause Jazz is teh awesome! ;) 

18. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Honestly I'd want Jazz too. Jazz is in my top 5 of favorite Autobots :) 

19. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

We all know it's going to be Punch and Counterpunch.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

20. Superwheeljack

Superwheeljack Banned

Dear God, please let magnus be in the show
    If not, we are all dead