Potential repaints from Botcon news

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronicHide, Jun 29, 2010.

1. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hello, all. Pretty stoked by all the news out of BotCon this year. I've just been through the What-Are-You-Buying? Thread and found I had several "maybes" on my list. Lots of this is down to not having an affinity (or want) for the character. (I'm weird and will only ever have one Jazz, one Soundwave, etc.)

Knowing that Hasbro never miss an opportunity for a repaint, and knowing that lots of my favourite TFs are secondary repaints ('07 BB-mold Cliffjumper, ROTF Swerve, Classics Ramjet, RiD Scourge, Classics UM) I thought I'd throw out a want list for repaints.

So, of the new molds seen or announced at BotCon, who would you like to see repainted as what to get you to part with your cash?

1/ WFC Soundwave - given who else gets some prominence in the game, I'd like to see a (G1) Breakdown repaint

2/ Scourge (Generations, no image yet, likely to be a stealth jet/bomber) - well, depending on whether the mold has his G1 wrap-around shell / cloak, any mention of a stealth bomber always makes me hope of Shockwave

3/ Tracks (Generations, no image yet, gull wing car) - of cars that aren't done yet and would fit, I reckon a Classics-style Nightbeat needs doing.

4/ Jazz (Generations, no image yet, has pop out speakers) - Ricochet too obvious? Blaster 'cause of the speakers? How about a Classics-style toy of (Alternators/BT) Rumble?

5/ Perceptor (Generations, no image yet, flatbed truck with open out chest, already getting redeco'd as Reflector) - one of the wreckers with flip-out chest? Blaster, please.

6/ Thunderwing (Generations, no image yet, plane with a drone) - Well, I'm pretty stumped but Black Shadow deserves some love

7/ Windcharger (Generations, no image yet, scout class car) - the obvious choice is Tailgate but I vote for Camaro! Camaro!

8/ ROTF Lugnut (no image yet, bulky WW2-style bomber) - shit, I don't know, Deathsaurus is badass and would make my wallet weep

9/ ROTF Highbrow - paint this guy red and tell me it's movieverse Powerglide, I shall buy it

10/ ROTF Tomahawk - if I get Black Shadow, I want Blue Bacchus. Naaaoooow.

11/ ROTF Terradive - of the TFs that came with tridents, Chop Shop makes more sense than Razorclaw (I also dream of CHUG Predacons), but the shape of the head makes me think SkyByte.

12/ ROTF Hailstorm - have we seen pics of this guy? I haven't. Have I missed something. Eight missiles? Boy got issues. Skyfire (name covering about four different continuities and generations, use as you like)

13/ TFA Rodimus - yeah, he can be Tailgate

Ok, this list is a mix of a few we'd seen pre-BotCon but I'm on the fence about, persuade me to pay you even more of my cash, Hasbro.

Gimme your ideas! Make me want to pay money for your suggestions! Do it now, what are you waiting for? Etc.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Skullgrin into Dauros. New color scheme.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

1.Drift as W.A.R.S,give him a new head,translucent swords and make him a freaking homage to freaking' Travis Touchdown.

2.Give Lugnut a "ATOMIC" repaint like animated,with a added Nuke accessory.

3.Wfc Soundwave as Soundblaster.

4.Animated Rodimus as Rampage (A.k.a Armada Wheeljack)

5.A Autotrooper retool from the cybertronian Ironhide/Rachet mold

6.A Jazz in G2 Colors,just cuz'

4. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    A little OT, I'm surprised we haven't seen a WfC Magnus repaint.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    No WfC toy has been repainted yet; they've only just been released. Give it a while. Cliffjumper will be the first repaint then, who knows.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Thunderwing repainted in to Star Sabre.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That would be awesome! XD

Anyways, my ideas are

Drift/Blurr - Devcon
    Perceptor/Reflector - Magnificus
    Scourge - Sweeps
    WFC Megatron - Galvatron
    Jazz - Nightbeat
    Thunderwing - Overlord

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Sky Shadow - Thunderwing repaint as Black Shadow (but under a previously used name that is pratically the same).

Riccochet - Jazz repaint, obviously

Dogfight - repaint of Highbrow to resemble the Triggerbot

Jhiaxus (under a different name, obviously) - Scourge retool. After all, his original alt. mode looked somewhat like Scourge's alt. mode, and the character is obscure enough that Hasbro could get away with him being more "Earthly" in design while appeasing fans at the same time.

Whirl - Tomahawk retool. The mold already looks nearly dead-on Whirl, just paint him blue and put a mono-eye on him and BAM! Classics Whirl, for all you Wrecker nuts out there.