Potential questions Answered on the DVD (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I know a lot of us who have seen the movie have questions about Barricade's dissapearance as well as other small unanswered questions.

I was thinking the other day that Bay mentioned that renders were taking like a day per second of movie, and also that the movie was being worked on practically until the last week.

So I wonder if we might get the same treatment that LOTR special edition and even SW episode 1 received where a lot of the unfinished scenes were added to the DVD. I'm assuming Barricade got his ass handed to him somewhere, and where were Ratchet and Ironhide when Bumblebee was crawling like a hit-and-run puppy victim? (And why the hell was Jazz in car mode watching while his friend was crawling to him)? All questions that we have been discussing on their respective threads.

Anyway, I wonder if these were just unfinished scenes that are being finished up for the DVD.

2. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

That would be nice. Several people on the forums have stated that Barricade is dead and that you could see his car door on the boat at the end when the Decepticons are being dumped into the ocean. However, I've seen the movie 3 times now and still never saw the door on the boat.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if they did any more CGI for the dvd release. And unfinished scenes would probably be pointless without any CGI.

There were a lot of not robot related scenes that were on the cutting room floor that I'd like to see though. Like at the pawn shop, extended scene of the video call in the beginning of the movie, etc.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well judging from the prequel novel, he was one of the ones that really wanted to find Megatron (next to Blackout, who seemed the most loyal), so it was strange to see him on the road, but then not show up to help Megs. So something happened to him.

I still think it's very out of character for Jazz to be one of the first to suggest that they help Bumblebee when he's getting captured, and then when he's crawling, he's just sitting there in car mode. They even had to ask him to move back and clear the way (unless that was just another silver solstice)

5. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

Yeah what was the deal with that?

6. Th3_JeepChick

Th3_JeepChick Xbox: Th3 JeepChick

Spolier Alert

I was really disapointed in his role in the movie. Few lines - fewer memorable sequences. And that whole thing at the end with Prime when he dies. 8 shades of suck right there.

and Fret80 is a BAMF! ;) 

7. Sarge

Sarge Autobot Squad Leader

News Credits:
    I think the people are right that mentioned the fact that Barricade was right beside Bonecrusher when Prime did the roadblock transformation to attack, and then there was an obvious sequence that was cut in that battle since it goes immediately from Bonecrusher slamming into Prime in the middle of a desert to them tumbling down a large bridge overpass. There is more to that battle and I hope it is in the DVD. Prime dispatched Barricade during it. Hence why Prime was late to Mission city.

8. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Probably Starscream's attack knocked him out

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    So many questions, and all good ones. Some others here have said, Barricade's fate was cut to leave a possibilty of him being in the sequel. I would like to see him again, but leaving it unresolved wasn't very cool.

10. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed what felt like just a little bit of cheapness with showing the transformations. Not really though, not anything major. But for example, when the autobots transform into altmode after confronting the Sector 7 peoples, its very very obvious that they did BB's TF in the foreground, effectively eclipsing several other autobot transformations, and saving them the need to render 7000 more individual pieces moving around.

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Here is a pic of the piece of that was on the ship before they dropped it in. I think this is what people are mistaking for Barricades door

[​IMG]

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Should we assume the DVD will be available by December?

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    That looks nothing like a door

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I know it looks nothing like the door. But people are saying they see Barricades door on the ship and that piece is the only thing you really see on the ship. I am just making sure people aren't pointing that out thinking it is the door because of the symbol on the piece.

15. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wondered that too!

Someone needs to start a "Jazz is a dick" thread. = P

16. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

+1 for the idea of a "Jazz is a dick" thread. Lol.

Was it just me or was the original transformation sound used only once for Blackout in the beginning of the movie. I don't remember hearing it again in the movie. Just that one time. Anyone?

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was used at least one more time when the Nokia phone first transformed.

18. Whitey

Whitey The Angry White One

The original transformation sound was used 3 times in the movie that I know of.
    -Blackout's first Transformation
    -Ironhide's Slow motion Transformation (sound is slowed down)
    -there was on more but I can't remember who it was attatched to.

19. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard it a small handful of times. I forget exactly when.

20. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i bet it was Prime that dealt it to him right after messing up Bonecrusher. that would explain Prime's late arrival and Barricades non-existant arrival.