potential molds for ROTF store exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Yeah, I know it's early for this kind of thread, but the speculaton can be fun till SDCC or so.
    Autobot molds:
    Lambor twins: put a siren bar on top and you get Red Alert, Deep Cover and Tigertrack
    Hound: Detritus (eHobby Colors)
    Prowl/ Bluestreak/ Smokescreen: probably Overdrive or one of the other Omnibots

Decepticon Molds
    Seeker (1st Season): Rainmakers, Sunstorm
    Coneheads: use Henkei wings, Thrust and Dirge or new Coneheads with Ramjet's wings

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I hope they never use non-movie molds in the ROTF line. They just look too out of place.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    they will do it and you shall like it! *cracks whip*

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They did it with movie 1 toys. Walmart had a wave that was fine. I say as long as the alt mode is a real-world style vehicle, go for it.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm inclined to agree. Not completely, but mostly.

Orion_Prime, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you.

Some of the scouts they repainted for the first movie seemed like they would fit in pretty well, but I never picked any up, I can't say for certain.

6. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    They used Energon and Cybertron molds with movie 1 because they didn't have anything else to work with for repaints. Now with ROTF, they can use all the movie 1 molds.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im not one for them either I for one despised the first ones but Hasbro will do it no matter what we say thats what I was saying in my first post

8. mORON PUTZ

mORON PUTZ Banned

if I didnt buy it the first time i not buying it now i hope they repaint g2 megatron personally hes a tank and therez tanks in reel life plus he haz wheels so he can roll

9. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I actually didn't mind that so much. I just stuck em in my Henkei/Classics/Universe collection instead...... well actually... the only one I actually liked was Fracture, so that's the only one I got, but still.... Wouldn't mind if they did some more classics/universe/cybertron repaints.

10. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Yeah, the Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU movie repaints of figures previously released durring Energon, Armada, and Cybertron really helped a lot of us fill holes in our collections for molds we didn't have. Big Daddy and Fracture have to be the best of the bunch.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This was exact same thing I did. I usually place molds within the series they originated from so Fracture did end up with classics.

Now the possibility is there for them to do some of these as store exclusives, the most likely being Red Alert. But as someone mentioned though, there are molds from the first movie that would probably fill those spots (e.i Stockade, Landmine, Incinerator) that have yet to be repainted.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

As there are more characters in the movie this time, I can't see Hasbro needing to drag in molds from previous lines to fill in the gaps (Bruticus and Superion aside). I'd have thought repaints of Movie 1 and 2 molds would be perfectly adequate.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just gonna mention Bruticus and Superion, they're gonna come out at the start of the line. That to me says Hasbros gonna throw more AEC molds at us. Which is fine with me. I hope they use Scout Scattershot. I can see repaints from the first movie but not as store exclusives. Those will probably be AEC and Universe molds.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, iunno bout old molds, though im hoping they repaint Devastator into G1 colors, just to see what he'd look like. Devastator, and all the Separate Constructicons as well. would be interesting, and kinda funny.

15. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    They only used Superion and Bruticus because they're combiners and ROTF is all about combining figures. But I don't see them using other older molds.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can do whatever the hell they want.

AFTER I get my Leader NEMESIS Prime!

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro said the plan was to keep Universe exclusives running through the movie line. So we'll see if they come out under Universe packaging, or movie packaging.

18. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

'07 Arcee would make an awesome Nightbird, but what I really want is the new Sideswipe repainted as Tigatron. That would be gorgeous. Failing that, Knock Out as Rattrap. Really, any BW-character redecos would be great.

19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Red Alert would be great (especially if the packaging is still Universe style). For Sunstorm, I'd like more of a desert camo design to go with Acid Storm's "jungle" camo deco. And we have to get G2 Ramjet (especially if Henkei Dirge ever happens here) at some point. Recolor Inferno into Hotspot (so I can ignore the Titanium version) and Jetfire into Hooligan to fill out the Voyager ranks.

+-MWG-+

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

That can work for say, Red Alert, Thrust, Dirge, Sunstorm, Thundercracker (if anyone still doesn't have it yet), the other 2 Rainmakers, a Classics Megatron reissue in more Henkei colors....