Potential Generations Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AllSpark Ferret, Jul 9, 2010.

1. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I've been wondering about the repaints of the new mold Generations toys now that hasbro tends to plan a different head / deco when designing Transformers.

The confirmed repaints are:

WFC Bumblebee into Cliffjumper
    Drift into Blurr
    Straxus into Skullgrin
    Perceptor into Reflector

The toys we so far don't know of repaints for and my suggestions:

WFC Optimus Prime (Ultra Magnus)
    WFC Megatron (Straxus would have been the obvious choice but they've given him his own mold, so no idea)
    WFC Soundwave (Soundblaster)
    Windcharger (Probably Tailgate but I'd love Wipe-Out, another osbsure comic character!)
    Kup (Trailbreaker)
    Thunderwing (No idea until I see what the toy looks like)
    Scourge (Alpha Trion - similar body styles and Hasbro seem keen on obscure comic / cartoon characters at the moment)
    Tracks (Wheeljack)
    Jazz (Ricochet)

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Without any idea of what Kup looks like, I'd probably prefer Trailbreaker to be a repaint of Reflector. Though I'd really want an original mold for Trailbreaker(& Hoist)

Again, no idea what Kup looks like, so it's hard to say, but they could go the Orion Pax route that Ehobby went.

Thunderwing's obvious repaint would be Black Shadow. Otherwise since it's a deluxe jet, make him Thundercracker to fill that slot if Hasbro doesn't want to step on BC Thundercracker's toes without a remold like Dirge & Thrust.

Scourge, I like the Devcon idea from that thread.

With his alternate head, Jazz could be good for Rad and/or Jackpot. If Ricochet is done, I want it in a 2-pack with a Cyclonus repaint so Nightstick can be assigned to Ricochet.

I don't remember seeing any alternate head shot for Tracks, so I hope they've been more elaborate with him and have built-in a more significant remold for Wheeljack: new head, new wings, and some car body molding changes.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think WFC Prime would be a cool mold for a "classics" Animated Sentinel.

I used Searchlights Powercore head for this
    [​IMG]

I think a new head and some blue and orange paint instead of the red would look sweet.

4. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see them make Deadlock (Pre-Autobot Drift) using the Blurr retool with Drift's original head... That would make a very cool/menacing repaint.

I also think Ricochet will happen, with his own Targetmaster partner. And like Edgewise, I think Jackpot would be a great repaint/retool.

5. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    As mentioned above, Devcon from Scourge could work.

Ricochet is obvious for a Jazz repaint, but they said in another thread that he was shown with an alternate head already, so he's likely going to be someone else (perhaps in addition to Ricochet). But who else would need pop-out speakers?

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    maybe blaster? i dunno

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, Jazz into Ricochet SEEMS like a no-brainer, until you remember that we never got a Movie Ricochet, Animated Ricochet, or Legends Ricochet from the Legends Jazz mold. It's like Hasbro got traumatized (or maybe I should say they got gun-shy, given the character :) ) by all the shelfwarming done by re-issue Ricochet and Alternators Ricochet years ago, and doesn't want to touch the character anymore. I hope that pattern ends for Generations Jazz, though. I'd love a Targetmaster two-pack containing Ricochet and Artfire (repainted from Universe Inferno, of course).

I'd also dig Jazz being repainted into Dead End.

Scourge into Alpha Trion or Devcon are both good ideas. And Tracks into Wheeljack seems likely unless Wheeljack has his own mold slated. If so, Tracks could end up as Road Rage or maybe the omnibot Downshift. Windcharger could be Tailgate of course, but I'd also like to see him as Windbreaker (er, possibly renamed) and Rook (if Hasbro has the rights to that name).

Here's a few ideas I don't think I've seen anyone mention yet:

-WFC Prime into Electro. Both are powerful-looking, bulky bots with rounded, retro-style truck modes. He might not even need a head remold. Just, for the love of god, don't mold him in gold plastic, mold him in black and PAINT the little guy.

-Darkmount into Road Fire. Both the alt and bot modes have superficial similarites, like the prominent pec-plates. And "Road Fire" seems like a good name for a half track.

As for Perceptor, Thunderwing, and the hypothetical Kup, it's hard to judge without seeing the molds.

8. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

I think that Drift could really work repainted into Tigatron. Hasbro's already making guns for Blurr, so they have options. Small guns and murderdeathkill sword, or bfg and smaller murderdeathkill swords. Also, that mold in a tiger deco would be sexy.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Did you just do a simple head swap? Any modding involved? I'm wondering how cool Smolder's combiner head would look. They're the same socket size, right?

10. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

i know it seems they got something planed for the basic seeker classic mould w cause they denied fp thee use of it for a botcon am tc

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i noticed that

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Some Stunticons, please. Don't care if they combine, I'll take care of that. :p 

You guys aren't thinking out of the box on Jazz - no one says a repaint of him would HAVE those speakers, anymore than Blurr has Drift's swords.

That being said, it's anybody's guess.

13. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

could be a sunstorm or slipstream make or a thundercracker who knows with hasbro or could be all 3

14. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I made a terribly convoluted thread with my ideas, thanks for doing it better, AllSpark Ferret!

Anyhow, concise version of my ideas:
    1/ WFC Soundwave - WFC Breakdown repaint.
    2/ Scourge - any mention of a stealth bomber always makes me hope of Shockwave
    3/ Tracks - I reckon a Classics-style Nightbeat needs doing.
    4/ Jazz - THINKING OUT OF THE BOX! How about a Classics-style toy of (Alternators/BT) Rumble?
    5/ Perceptor - one of the wreckers with flip-out chest? Blaster, please.
    6/ Thunderwing - mmmm, Black Shadow deserves some love (+ ROTF Tomahawk -> Blue Bacchus)
    7/ Windcharger - the obvious choice is Tailgate but I vote for Camaro! (TFA Rodimus can be Tailgate)

Also, ROTF Lugnut as Deathsaurus, ROTF Highbrow as Powerglide, ROTF Terradive as SkyByte.

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Hound: repaint into Swindle with a new gun.
    Cyclonus: repaint in Skywarp/Insecticon colors
    Jazz: repaint in black (Ricochet), or silver with a new head (Camshaft?), or red (Overdrive? Zoom Zoom?)
    Tracks: repaint in white/green with a new head (Wheeljack), or red (Overdrive)
    Scourge: repaint in Insecticon colors as Sweeps, or in Blue/Red as Devcon
    Bumblebee: repaint in white and in black as Runabout and Runamuck, each with the same new head.
    Sideswipe: repaint into Brakedown with a new head
    Sunstreaker: repaint into Dead End (colored like the Alternator)
    Bluestreak: repaint into Wildrider (colored maroon and black)
    Prowl: repaint into Barricade
    Starscream: repaint into Sunstorm (and make him the second Rainmaker) and Jetstorm (in blue/purple as the third Rainmaker)

I'd have to see Perceptor to know what kind of repaints he warrants. Repainting Kup into Trailbreaker is a good idea, though it does limit your possibilities for Hoist given the similarities in colors between Hoist and Kup.

16. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Kup - Orion Pax (Why trailbreaker? Their molds may look nothing alike. Leave that to perceptor or a new mold.)
    Scourge - Devcon, A3
    Sunstreaker - Wheeljack (new head, new car roof and new shoulder gun)
    Arcee - Paradron Medic, Elita-1, chromia, Aerial, moonracer and so on down the list.
    Drift - tigatron, cheetor
    Jazz - protectobot streetwise (lightbar roof remold) then re-release again as Barricade.

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Jazz:Riochet,Dead End
    Tracks:Wheeljack,Breakdown
    Scourge:Aphta Trion,Devcon,Blast-Off
    Starscream:Toon Skywarp,Toon Thundercracker,Sunstrom (Orange/Red),Jetblade (Yellow),Slipstream,Jetstream (Blue)
    Cyclonus: Prima
    Galvatron:The Fallen
    Drift: Dreadlock,Lockdown,Nightbeat
    WFC Optimus:Ultra Magnus,Nemises Prime,Motormaster/Motor Master
    WFC Bumblebee:Hubcap,Waspintor,Glyph,Tap-Out,Bumper
    WFC Megatron:Tankor
    WFC Soundwave:Blaster,Soundblaster,Sir Soundwave

18. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I've just had a thought, how about Straxus as Marvel comics Impactor? Colours changed to yellow and magenta, new head, right hand replaced with a harpoon and remolded tank barrel that clips onto his shoulder in robt mode.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    How about this.

Cybertron Crosswise from Jazz

Cybertron Clocker from Windcharger

Tigartron from Universe Cheetor

BW2 Thrustor from Universe Dinobot

Magnificus from Preceptor

Artfire from Universe Inferno

Black Shadow from Thunderwing.

20. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I like you're thinking. I want me some Omnibots!