Posting Transformers Homebrew Game?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Facemeat, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Hello, I'm currently making a Transformers game for the Atari 2600, and was curious if it would be alright to post it for download here on TFW2005. Since it doesn't appear to be possible to upload files with .BIN format on this site, I'd need to post a link to another site to download the game. Is it alright to post off-site download links on the forums? I didn't see anything about it in the rules, but I'd rather be safe than sorry before posting. Oh, and what would be the appropriate forum to post this game in? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :) 

2. Facemeat

Anybody? The game's nearing completion. :) 

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ultimately I feel it skirts too close to our "no roms" rule. While it's custom made, it still requires an emulator to run, which is falling within that rule.

4. Facemeat

Hmm...really? That's a shame. :(  Just curious, but is the problem the emulator itself? Since you can download it without owning a 2600? I mean, if it is, I'd gladly put a warning at the beginning of the post; "If you don't own a 2600 GTFO" or something to that effect. :lol  If the game's the problem, then I can assure you it's absolutely original, 100% scratch made. But, if I can't end up posting the game, could I at the very least post a link to my developer website in my sig? Thanks for responding, by the way.