Post your Transformerscon pics here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by zuffyprime, Apr 30, 2006.

1. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

Hi Guys,
    First off, I have to say Thank You to all the people that made Transformerscon in Toronto such a huge success!

For those who couldn't make it to Transformerscon, but can't wait to see pics, I've started this thread. Unfortunately I don't have pics, but I know alot of my friends took pics, so I'm hoping they see the thread here, and post some pics for you all.

Highlights:
    Huge dealer room carrying vintage, US/Japan, exclusives, just released figures, e-hobby figures, bw figures, g1 figures, victory figures, rid, cybertron, alternators, binaltech, prototypes, pvcs, and just some all out damn cool stuff that you can't readily find anywhere else.

10 foot tall Optimus Prime Statue made by Dak! If you see him next year, shake his hand... words can't do this thing justice. Simply breathtaking.

Customizing Panel by Dak and Tony
    These guys are true artists in every sense of the word. And the best part, they were so nice and humble, and so eager to help me out in my beginning efforts to customize!

Prints by Alex
    The sketch you did for jlvatron "10 years" just blew me away, so did your prints of bumblebee, galvatron, and tracks/cosmos. Can't wait to get that menasor sketch from ya!

Transformers Pins!! Autobot and Decepticon Pins, included with the price of admission! and the dinobot poster (with pre-reg).

Michael - Voice of Tracks/cosmos
    Super nice guy. One of my favourite characters

Don Murphy -
    Very nice, personable, and humble. Thank you to Omnicron for getting him to come!

Trivia contest -
    Enjoyed seeing the questions and answers projected with the use of graphics on the wall.

Script reading -
    too much fun. If you guys don't come to these you really should, you'll fall off your chair laughing.

(got pics with both don and Michael - and autographs... I asked Michael to sign it to Raoul!!)

Fan dub by New Brandon of the japanese g1 shows... excellent job.

Meeting peeps from the boards - met some great great people. To the people I met this year, looking forward to seeing you next yr!

** if one of you got a BWR-01 Megs/Ops PM me, I'm looking for one**(shameless plug)

Special thanks to Colin and his wife. Without him, we wouldn't have a con like this to go to. Thx to Aaron/Jess from Reprolabels/ Action Toy House for all the great stuff I got from you, and for showing me the gold prime, and other cool stuff! Jlvatron, omni - you guys rock! To Perry - you're definitely one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people I met... thanks for all the great stuff! Dak/Tony - thanks for all your tips and help with my customs. To the staff of transformerscon, Derek, Char, Matt, and the rest of the guys who do so much work behind the scenes that goes unnoticed. To goober - looking forward to hearing your impersonation of swoop next yr! Reid, and the Doc from Mtrl, you guys are so much fun to hang out with. To muk/nisreen, thanks for making this con 100 times more fun by being there.

http://www.transformerscon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=547
    (scroll down to see "artist pondering his creation" pic)

Counting down the days 'till next yr:thumb 
    zp:cool: 

2. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool... i can't wait for pics

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
  4. Sheba

Sheba FF 1 Badman=Cyclonus

haha you got me, Soundwave.ca! I'm in the top right hand corner of "guest-3.jpg" in the green jacket, looking at the T shirts. :D 

5. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Well, I had a camera there, but I didn't take any pictures. Too busy doing crap.

So I'm just going to post pictures from OTHER peoples' cameras that feature me!
    [​IMG]
    The Official Knockoff Table of Transformerscon 2006

[​IMG] My costume on display in the art contest

6. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Toronto TransformersCon website has been updated with pictures from the convention this past weekend including images of Duncan "DAK" Kemp's 10 foot Optimus Prime statue that was on display in the convention foyer. You can check out the pics by <a href="http://www.transformerscon.com/gallery/TransformersCon-2006" target="_blank">clicking here</a>.

7. Beechy

Beechy Where Da Cake?

What an awesome show it was. Too bad we have to wait till next year.