Fan Art: Post your revamps of TF movie designs *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by vektsilver, Dec 4, 2006.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Honestly I hope this doesnt seem old to anyone yet since most of this stuff seems pretty set in stone, but I actually have found it pretty cool seeing some of the revamps some people have done and or outright orginal concepts and though it would be cool to post a thread where people could post em all.

This of course comes on the cusp of the newly leaked images which i can tell you that these are most likely not final and in all actuallity look to be images recovered using an undelete program of some sorts as you can see the images are cut off drastically in the terms of megs and in prime you can see at the bottom a grey area that looks like the traditional break in an image that has been partially recovered from being deleted.

That being said Im not a big fan of primes new face nor starscream but to show im not just hating on the movie I really do love the new bumble bee and additionally like the new ratchet as he was always a plane boring ironhide, and whatever the call Vortex ( incinerator / blackout ) he is just damn cool. now im rambling with out further delay here is the new prime face I did in photoshop off of the leaked image and frankly to me its makes prime to look like prime and i can see Cullen voiceing this perfectly as opposed to the other head design. I think the aesthetic of the other Head is just kinda ugly so make your decisions and posts hopefully.

[​IMG]

here is my original revamp of Starscream

[​IMG]

Till all are one

:horse: 

2. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

In response to your Prime head:

WOW.

I wouldn't have thought such a minor alteration could do so much, but that's just incredible. That IS Prime.

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

What did you change to the Prime head? It looks the same to me.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I cant tell what you did to prime.

starscream looks worse. those legs look terrible straight. the head and arms don't match the design of the body either.

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smoothed faceplate, I think.

6. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

The Prime head is FANTASTIC. Prime's head is his only glaring flaw, I'd say.

Starscream...not feeling it.

7. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

He inverted the arc of what I guess could be called Prime's eye brow and the face placed was raised up a bit. Makes Prime go from sad looking to a much more stern look. Very good actually when you compare them.

It really bugs me that little changes make hhuge differences. While I am ok with some of the desgins, seeing the minor changes like new faces, small alterations, and paint jobs making a world of difference makes me wonder why they were not done. Same when it comes to figure repaints and such.

8. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Aye in the other Prime pic it seems as if his face plate is 'hanging' down, looking all depressed. :/

I still don't understand how anyone would give Prime a sad looking faceplate and not see that if you point the angle upwards warther than down that it makes it look far more courageous.

That's just the first of my problems with Prime though... It's the flames that bother me to no end. >.> So... chav.

9. vektsilver

Im glad that some have seen that such a subtle differance makes such a huge differance. For me when i look at the revamped prime i instantly tend to forget how ugly the face of the orginal prime is. Basically i moved the eyes up and in and gave him back the bill of his helmet you see in almost every version of prime and the face mask is altered to make him not look like he got punched in the face. Basically i gave him the same face mask as G1 prime which incidentally makes me feel like he will just make the whole character fit perfectly with cullen voicing it. Compare both side by side and to me is a world of differance and not a whole lot needs to be done.

10. vektsilver

additionally my starscream render I dont much care for the legs either but the main focus for my redesdign was to show if you take away alot of the bulk and width of the chest and bring hte shoulders closer together he looks more like what most would expect of A starscream.

Hell I wasnt completly against the chicken legs i thought they were pretty cool. This whole render was just a cut and paste job in Photo shop to example that with very minor changes the character is a lot more acceptable to both sides of the arguement

11. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I think after seeing the topys of BB and others, that starscream toy is most certainly not an accurate representation of movie ss. After the cgi render comes out though I can't wait to see what people do with it.