Post your awesome-sauce customer service experiences here! =D

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Robticon, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

A while back, I ordered few TFs from BBTS, and when they got here I noticed that my Armada Wheeljack was missing his Minicon and two missiles. Naturally I was a bit puzzled (Since he was advertised as being loose but otherwise complete) so I e-mailed them about the problem, and without so much as the slightest request to have proof of the missing items, they notified me that they had shipped the missing accessories free of charge. Mind you they had my card number and could have easily asked that I pay for the extra shipping. The shipping was really a loss on their part, but I am just so happy with the customer service they provided.

What about everyone else?

What interesting tales of great customer service do you have to tell?

[Mods: Please move this if it's in the wrong forum, thanks!]

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Automation Toys: Every email responded to quickly, with satisfying answers, all around great service from these guys, never a problem, flat rate shipping is a bonus $9.99 CND under 7 kilos, held some figures for me after they sold out on their website and someone cancelled without me having to go back in and replace my order

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Kapow Toys: I'd bought too much to fit in my case at AA, so Andy (Red Leader) took Overlord away with him, and posted him to me at no extra charge. Also threw in a load of parts for a custom, and has offered more of them. Highly recommended :thumbs2: 

Hydra/BlackGears.com: Always throws in some oddly flavoured Japanese Kit-Kats. Got some stuff from him this week, including Apple Vinegar flavour!

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xybertoys I got 2 SCF Road Caesar's (one normal and one gun metal silver) for free just for pre ordering MP Megatron

5. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

toywiz.com i bough some stuff from them about 3 weeks ago and i was very happy with how fast i got it. just 2 day after my order went through. also just 10 usd flat rate shipping. very good site check em out.

6. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    I won an ebay auction for an incomplete G1 Snapdragon. The description said he was missing one of his blue tail fins, but when it showed up it was complete.

Awesome.

7. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Kapow are the dogs bollocks :thumb  Andy is a top bloke and always does everything he can to help out a collector in need. Can`t speak higher of any vendor out there.

8. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

hear hear, Andy and Andrew are both very awesome! red leader was one of the nicest and most decent guys I met on here and surprisingly was the head honcho for kapow.

he saw an ebay auction that i may have wanted and BOUGHT it for me first and has it shipped to my place, i pay-paled him immediately, it was the least i could do.

hydra's blacklist is entertaining and reminds me of the good old newsgroup day.

9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Its odd how all the good stories involve online stores so far. Hahaha, no one has these so-called good experiences at a brick and mortar store!

10. Deathnoble

Deathnoble Aristocratic Assassin

BBTS had a computer glitch (or something) that had them incorrectly list Hasbro's gold Cybertron Vector Prime as being in-stock, when it was really not there at all. When the problem was discovered, they couldn't refund my money (credit card and all) so instead they gavce me 1.5x store credit and free shipping on my next order.

Which landed me with a MISB Takara's Galaxy Force Vector Prime: $20USD, shipped.

And three apologetic emails for the mix-up as well.

11. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i remember the day i got good customer service at walmart. it was right after i saw that unicorn

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I bought a set of 30+ G2 toys a few years ago. An English guy whose name I don't remember.

Everything arrived as promised along with a free G2 Pyro.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well with the big stores toy collecting is not really their main concern and they would much rather get you in and out.

comic stores should be better but if theirs a line at the counter they just want to get you served.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:

Additional about Kapow/Andy: What I thought was a packing error, turns out to be a freebie, huge thanks man, I love you :D 

Also, I'm looking forward to Hydra's new site, sounds really cool.

15. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    :p 

Only have good things to say about BBTS :thumb 

16. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I got one of those Popbox electronic Optimus Prime busts from a seller on eBay. I didn't take it out of the package for a few weeks after I got it, but when I did, I realized one of the pieces behind the face plate had come off and was rattling around inside Prime's head. I emailed both the seller and Popbox directly. The seller sent the standard "no returns" response, but the guys at Popbox really worked with me. They said that if they could, they would just send me a replacement, but since it was a limited run, they didn't have any left in their warehouse. So instead, they offered me either $25 off of an upcomming release or a free set of their cell phone danglers. Really, they weren't obligated to do anything for me since I hadn't bought the bust from them directly, so I was really impressed that they made the effort to make sure I was happy.

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    It's aways about average for TF's but for Bionicles someone at Wal Mart took off $20 a $40 Jetrax T9.