Post Movie - Why the Stock Car Alt Modes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Going into the movie, I was kind of hoping for an explanation, if even a small one, as to why the Wreckers went with NASCAR alt modes. I mean, their "suped" modes are sweet, but to be honest, all those weapons would have looked just as good on normal vehicles (Bumblebee, I'm looking at you).

I guess my biggest grievance is that we never even seen them in "regular" stock car mode. So I don't see the point. Being that they were in Chicago and there is a race track there, I was kind of hoping to see footage of a race with an attack by the Decepticons on the Wrecker's "hiding" in a race. Bonus points for driver cameos.

I know the obvious answer is movie-tie ins and promotions, but it just felt like it really was pointless as far as the story went.

Thoughts?

2. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I don't have any problem with it, but that could be the "OMG the Wreckers were awesome" feeling, talking. :lol 

I liked the characters and I was surprised that they got the amount of screen time that they did... really happy they did.

I loved their vehicles... I don't know why, I just do. :) 

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I agree. They should have either put in something that would give a reason behind the stickered alt-modes or kept them plain.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

My only complaint was that Topspin never spoke...

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since they're at Kennedy Space Center, maybe they spend off time up the road in Daytona?

6. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I just imagined it away as maybe as nobody lets them off the base, they spend their spare time watching Nascar and as they have no need for stealthy alt modes they decided to take Nascar ones in the same way people buy T-shirts and baseball caps.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    In the novel it is explained that the Wreckers go crazy for NASCAR, and always watch the races whenever they're not working (it's the only thing that shuts them up). Sam later notes that the way they work while repairing the Decepticon ship reflects a NASCAR pit crew.

So I guess they chose altmodes based on their favorite drivers.