Post all ROTF homages/easter eggs here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Maximus_Prime, Jun 24, 2009.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I dunno, now that you mention it i think i'm leaning towards that one being intentional.
    i'd call it (and the BBII poster) an Easter Egg...

2. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I mean, they didn't even replicate! I thought they were kind-of an unintentional nod to *shudder* Bakugan.

The Naruto poster was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed out loud and no one else in the theater seemed to understand why. I wonder what the story behind that poster is. Is it an Easter Egg? Or did the the set designer go, "what is the nerdiest thing I am put on this wall? Got it! Bring me something Naruto-related, on the double!"

3. Shankz

Shankz Well-Known Member

I think it may have said Alice Baldwin.

4. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    The Fallen just looks like a Bionicle which I liked!

5. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

Devastator suckin' sh!t up, same as Unicron in 1986 movie...

Mudflap punching his way out of Devastator through his eye, same as autobots out of unicron's eye in 1986 movie..

6. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Oh Thanks!

7. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

All of the constructicons forming into Devastator, the wasp that Sam killed, the spy one with a satellite, homage to Waspinator always getting destroyed, Soundwave deploying Ravage, Naruto poster in a dorm room (College kids watch Naruto, seriously?), that girl that tried to seduce Sam transformed into a decepticon; was a homage to Sari, the techno-organic from Animated, Sideswipe's ego from G1, Ironhide taking over as Autobot leader of NEST was a homage to that G1 episode where he's forced to lead, and the autobots don't like that

I could go on and on :3 But I've gotta go work on art and economics

8. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

I KNEW I'd seen that little thing somewhere. It was driving me nuts! Thank you!

9. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Keith David was back for this time too?! The transforming gargoyle is back! <3

(Keith David voiced Goliath from Disney's Gargoyles series)

10. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

Mikaela's dog is called Bones. That's McCoy's nickname from Star Trek

11. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

That was one of my favorites that I noticed.

12. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

G1 Shockwave on the newspaper in the desert

13. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Keith David was Barricade in the Transformer Game. Wakko Warner from the Animaniacs is Barricade and Ironhide in the movies. Keith David is not in ROTF at all.

That's incorrect. Bones is short for Bonecrusher, a nod to the short-lived Decepticon (and the awesome insignia on the side of the vehicle) from the first film.

14. Atlas Prime

Atlas Prime holdin up cybertron

all of the robot names are homages to the bots in older series

15. BrooklynPrime86

BrooklynPrime86 Member

This is a stretch... Superion, Sky Lynx and Cosmos?

I am not certain but I am confident that the scene that takes place at The National Air and Space Museum has subliminally introduced us to the Aerialbots, Sky Lynx and Cosmos. There is alot of evidence that supports my claim. It is important to note however, that this scene is filmed on location, not at the NASM building on the National Mall, but is however filmed at The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, which is located adjacent to Washington Dulles International Airport. It is where many famous planes and jets such as the Enola Gay B-29 Bomber, SR-71 Blackbird, Space Shuttle Enterprise and Concorde SST now reside.

As we watch the scene where Wheelie helps everybody locate Jetfire you will notice alot of camera work being done. There is a lot of panaramic camera angle work so you can see the entire hangar, as opposed to just a straight ahead tunnel-visioned view.Look closely and you will see random planes that appear to be out of focus or blurry in the background. Then with some juxtaposing the plane is now in focus. There are also quick shots of a couple of the planes that we are quickly cut away from.

If you count the planes and jets featured, you should count four. There were five Aerialbots. These are the jets each depicted for G1; Silverbolt(Concorde SST), Air Raid(F-15C Eagle), Skydive(F-16 Fighting Falcon), Slingshot(AV-8B Harrier 2) and Fireflight( F-4B Phantom 2). The jets being featured in this scene are either older retired models that came before or newer models that replaced the model the is represented by the toy.

I have identified three without a doubt. Skydive is reprensented as the Lockheed Martin X-35 that is on display. That jet was commishoned to replace the F-16. Fireflight is now the F-14 Tomcat which replaced the F-4BPhantom 2. Air Raid I am still not sure. I think he might be the F-22 Raptor because it is the American equivalent to the Harrier. I am not sure that is what it is however. I also have a theory that he might have been the Enola Gay B-29 Bomber. Why? Because he was a F-117 Nighthawk in his second release in G2. As for Slingshot, I am really not sure as I can't identify the other plane. He may also be the X-35. This would make sense as most combiners who form arms are generally a very similar size and shape to create a uniform look. Superion is especially that way.

So as Wheelie rolls around leading them around the museum, he not only takes them to but has them duck under the Air France Concorde SST, which of course would be Silverbolt! As they approach the SR-71 Blackbird (which is Jetfire) that is sitting in front of them we see all the way at the other end of the hangar, now behind Jetfire, the Space Shuttle Enterprise. Not only a great factual homage to Star Trek, but it now is also a wink and a nod to Sky Lynx!

And the final cameo comes soon after they give Jetfire the shard of allspark and he reanimates and is very unhappy about having been revived. He throws a fit and demands to know who they are and in doing so, he cuts the wires supporting the Gemini VII space capsule and it goes crashing to the floor. As it rolls around on the floor and finally comes to rest next to Sam, you should notice that it is a greenish borwn color. So taking into account that it is a space capsule, it's color and the fact that the camera never stops rolling on it untill it comes to a complete stop, it should be more than obvious that this is a direct representation of Cosmos!

I know that most people will consider this a big reach. That is fine. However you cannot ignore the facts. Those of you who work in the film industry know that nothing happens by accident in a movie. Everything that you see is a choice being made. Sometimes we don't notice that a choice has been made because it supposed to be subliminal. Editing does this mostly. Choices are made in any movie. Even the bad ones. It was a choice to film at this location. It was a choice to have Jetfire be a blackbird because of the choice to film there. It was also a choice to include only select plans in frame, when there are almost two hundred on display there. Is it a coincidence that all of these plans happen to be in the same location? Perhaps.

Always remember though that Bay could have filmed anywhere in the world he wanted to, as is evident by the finale of the film. I have never been a fan of his, however I will give credit when credit is due. Either he or his cinematographer did a fantastic job of giving G1 fans something to smile about. Although they almost did it too well as I have not seen anyone else catch this to this date. I thought that this was pretty cool. If I am wrong, then so be it. I saw what I wanted to see and that was good enough. I do wish he would have saved Devastator and Superion for the third film so they could do battle. Oh well. What are you gonna do???

16. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

quite a reach lol, i think jetfires transformation looks momentarily like skylynx when the nose all folds up, and as far as cosmos goes.. when they are in simmons basement and he is climbing all the folders, one has a photo of a little shuttle hanging out of it which i liek to pretend is cosmos lol

17. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

Cybertron is my favorite TF series. Instant enemies!:throw 

18. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Starscream and his hatchlings was a pretty obvious reference to the fact that Starscream was a scientist on cybertron before the war broke out.

19. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide says "you want a piece of me"

like i need to tell anyone who said that before....

20. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

Epps: (Talking about Prime.) "If God made us in his image, then who made him?"

Reference to Primus.