Possibly macross toy id?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by autobotguy, Aug 27, 2009.

1. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Hey there folks. I know that this is a TF forum, but I'm betting that there are a few of you out there are Macross nuts. :) 

Anyways, I was digging through one of my sealed rubbermaid containers of TFs and I found a Macross VF-1S toy that I bought from JustBeToys (now called JustBeComplex) back in 2001. I no longer have the box and I'm wondering what exactly this toy is and what it may be worth. I beleive its from some Masterpiece line, had a ton of missile pods, a few non-posable interchangable hands and the legs are mostly all die-cast. The transformation requires you to completely detach the leg parts from the jet mode and plug them into a small opening that you make by pulling out a small plug in the nose of the cockpit. Under the wings its marked "1984 BIG WEST".
    Here are some pics of this bugger...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help with the identification of this toy would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! :) 

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    made by Yamato

original Macross series

1/60 scale Valkyrie VF-1S version 1.0

good for its time, far outdated now

3. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that this question has been answered, how about moving this thread to the ToyArk where it belongs?

4. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Sure.....if a mod would be so nice as to do so I would appreciate it. :)