Possible Universe/Classics 2.0 Repaints - DISCUSS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darkspeed, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you're just awesome! ^^

I'm linking the idea of G1 Skorponok from Energon Skorponok - The G1 colours would look very nice on the mold I think. Plus, it is kind of a no-brainer really ^^;

Cybertron Nemesis Breaker into... Razorclaw! Ever since I saw the Heroes version of it in the Target pack, I knew this would be a good choice. Maybe not make the reds and yellows so vivid, just so he doesn't turn out so damn garrish.

Cybertron Hardtop into... Hound? I reckon that could work, maybe remold the head a little.

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Smokescreen from Bluestreak (Universe)
    Red Alert from Sideswipe (Universe)
    Windcharger from Clocker
    Targetmaster Hot Rod from the Classics Hot Rod mold
    Hubcap from Classics Bumblebee (differnent head maybe)
    Dirge from classics Ramjet (use G2 colors to keep Botcon happy)
    Thrust (unused G2 desert cammo) from classics Ramjet
    Fortress Maximus (improve the old mold to make useable and pass the drop test)

maybe use some unused molds (G2 autorollers, BM that haven't been used, like the rumored Obsidian, Transtech)

RID train brothers in new colors and giftset+ Raiden

3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a cool idea!

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Energon Omega Supreme or Energon Tidal Wave could be repainted/retooled to make Classics Broadside.

I'm already getting Energon Tidal Wave and Energon Omega Supreme to add to my Ultracons and Wreckers as Tidal Wave and Broadside, but a better version couldn't hurt.

5. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    anything with the name ricochet or Buzzsaw.....or BOTH

6. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Isn't there already a classics Inferno (and a good looking one at that!) on the way?

I'd make Red Alert out of Classics Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mould.

Grapple out of the Inferno mould with a hook instead of a latter in truck mode.

Repaint Armada Unicron into the 1986 movie colors just as he made his debut in. (It's only fitting and fair. Give the Chaos Bringer the respect he deserves!)

Ironhide into Ratchet repaint (if not planned already).

Thundercracker out of Starscream's mould.

Thrust out of the Starscream/Ramjet mould but with the turbine fan wings and painted burgundy.

And basically redo all the other classics into show animation colors like they should have been the first time. Axe the wild sripes. That was unnescessary and for the life of me I can't figure out why they did that. It put a negative asterisk on such a great thing. At least Takara is saving the day in that respect. But I'd much rather them be reissued in the proper colors, and I think fans who came late to the game thanks to the interest the live action movie sparked, will be highly interested and saluvate at the chance to pick them up. Alot of people who watched the movie had the reaction of "I remember/liked transformers from when I was a kid! I didn't know they still made them!" while others are younger and completely new and interested in the ENTIRE lore of Transformers.

Like some others have said, I'd be happy with a Rodimus reissue where the Spoiler is painted bright yellow and his hood/chest is orange with brighter yellow and larger (1 piece) flames. Same for the side flames just behind the front wheels. And have the side pipes and Hood Engine in a shiney chrome. And have that little orange part along with the red on his forarm like the Henkei version. That's movie accurate.

I also wouldn't mind a reissue of the Armada Starscream figure.