Possible Universe/Classics 2.0 Repaints - DISCUSS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darkspeed, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, so here's the deal; we know there are gonna be more repaints. Like it or not, they are part of the package when it comes to TF's. But the more time goes on, the more I'm liking the quality of them... Movie Big Daddy is a great figure with the new paintjob, and I have my eyes set on Fracture and Crankcase in the near future!

So, this thread is really about is what current TF figures YOU would like to see repainted in what you want for the Universe/Classics 2.0 line (Seeing as any repaints will undoubtedly come out on this line.)

Here's some of my examples:

Cyberton Hot Shot into... Tracks!

Always liked Tracks from G1, and I think this mold would be a nice update for him. Pretty much the same colour scheme from G1 - Dark Blue car mode, white head w/ red face - Plus, with it's Cyber Key gimmick, you get his wings!

Cybertron Red Alert into... Ratchet/First Aid!

I put First Aid in as I know Ratchet will be getting a remold of Classics Ironhide, but whatever... Kind of an easy choice, as it's already an ambulance. But make the vehicle mode more white, add the proper Ambulance graphics to it, replace the blue on his arms and legs with red... A nice update!

And that's all I can think of at the minute. Anyone have any other ideas?

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon Inferno into Inferno :p 

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

They shuold've made a new Mixmaster froma Cybertron Quickmix.

Cyb Unicron into Bludgeon.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Isn't Cyb Hot Shot already being repainted into Breakaway? Or is that in the Movie line?

Anywho, I can't say I like either of those ideas. If we get a Ratchet, I want a repaint of Universe Ironhide, and Tracks deserves a new mold. Especially as it needs to properly incorporate his flight mode. That mold could then be repainted as an Omnibot Overdrive homage.

I'd say we're likely to see more Micromaster homages. Maybe Cybertron Jetfire as Sunrunner, or Cyb Defense Red Alert as Big Shot. Not sure who I'd want to see as Sidetrack.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I've said it before in a previous thread, but Elita-One from Cybertron Thunderblast (ala Games of Deception comic).

6. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CD Red Alert as HardHead, Sideswipe as Red Alert, Ironhide/Ratchet as Trailbreaker, Prowl/Silverstreak as Smokescreen.

7. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Acid Storm into Sunstorm

Cyb Defense Red Alert into Perceptor

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Here are some of my ideas, though most of them won't happen-

-Un.Cl. Red Alert from Un.Cl. Sideswipe- Give him a light bar and a new paint-job. Not a real big issue.

-Classics Lighting Storm and Thunder Storm from Classics Starscream- Basically the other two Rainmakers. They could use different names, as the one's I've put there are just there to give them names for the moment.

-Classics Sunstorm from Classics Starscream- No biggey, yet another repaint of the mold. Here's hoping that we at least get another use of this mold past Acid Storm.

-Some kind of Classics Ramjet repaint- I wouldn't mind getting another copy of the mold, and I'll be needing an extra to finish my Thrust kitbash.

-25th Ann. RID Fortress Maximus from Cybertron Metroplex- A bit out there, but would make a nice addition to my collection, and could make for a nice addition to the 25th Ann. line we'll be getting, imo.

-25th Ann. RID Skye-bite from Energon Sharkticon- A little bit out there, but would make for a nice repaint, imo.

-25th Ann. RID Mirage from Classics Mirage- Give him a new head and paint job. Not a huge difference from the origional, but would be cool to see, imo.

Other than those, I wouldn't mind seeing the Armada Unicron mold used again, and the other two Energon Gestalts repainted for the Universe/Classics/25th. Ann. line, though I'm not exactly sure what they could turn Unicron into other than a more G1 accurate version of himself. They could basically do the same to the Gestalts, though Superion wouldn't change that much from the origional. As you all can tell, I'm a RID fan :D 

9. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES! Been thinking for ages that Metroplex would be a great Fort Max! He's practically got the colour scheme for it already, just a few minor changes, especially around the head... Even his Minicon could be redone as Cog! ^^

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You do have a point there, he pretty much already has the G1 color scheme, but I personally would rather see him in the RID color scheme. Not only because I'm a RID fan, but because I think the mold would look interesting in the color scheme. It's too bad RID FM never came out here in the US. That would help reduce his price a bit, and I would have a better chance of one day owning one. That's another reason I'd like to see a repaint. I'd have the chance to have the character in my collection with out spending so much on him, though I'm hoping one day I'll be able to own the real thing.

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron Red Alert into Hardhead!?

Best repaint idea EVER Darth Rodimus.
    But in all honesty, I could see him getting a 25th Anniversary figure as most of what we know will all come with partners (Cyclonus w/ Nightstick, Hot Shot w/ Jolt, Hound w/ Ravage)

I want the big bots. Gimme Cybertron Metroplex with a G1 deco, Energon Omega Supreme w/ g1 deco (I've seen customs of both and they look amazing)

Wouldn't mind the Energon Aerialbots with G1 color schemes. Just as long as Hasbro or maybe Fansprojects gives us some actual hands for Superion.

I'm all for the Elita One and Red Alert repaints.

12. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm ok with repaints as long as they are done well, normally i don't like em but this classics line is the best line since G1 IMO!

13. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I know there have been tons of threads like this, and most of the following ideas I have mentioned before in those threads. But I can't help it... I honestly never, ever get tired of "repaint speculation" threads. I think they are my favorite topic to ponder on this website. Anyway, that being said, here are the repaints I would welcome into Universe 2 (skipping the more obvious and oft-mentioned ones):

Classics Rodimus into Chromedome:
    I know, sounds weird, huh? But his transformation and robot mode are pretty similar. Give him a new head, remove the spoiler, and paint him brown and I think he would make a great Chromedome.

Octane/Tankor into G2 Pyro:
    his truck mode is spot on, and Pyro is even sort of a triplechanger if you count his base mode. Plus, the colors would be bright eye candy, and the plane mode could even be turned into some sort of separate homage to a jet character (G2 Cyberjet? Fireflight?)

Universe Silverbolt into Darkwing: the robot mode with the wing-backpack is REALLY close, even down to the head sculpt. And Botcon Dredwind needs a friend.

Cybertron Override into Blurr: I don't know why this has never been done. Both the car and the robot mode scream Blurr to me, assuming you gave it a new head. And the way the transformation works that head could even bear Blurr's signature "futuristic antenna," which would remain on the roof of the car.

CD Red Alert into Doubledealer:
    Perceptor is a decent fit for this guy, but I would much rather see him repainted into Doubledealer.

Sideswipe/Sunstreaker into Punch/Counterpunch or Breakdown: though a while back there was a rumor that the Breakdown thing might actually happen. Of course I want Red Alert, too, but that seems like a given already.

CD Scattorshot into Flak: another bulked-up Micromaster

Energon Scorponok into G1 Scorponok:
    he's damn close already, and makes a decent stand-in... but I'd like to see it taken all the way.

Movie Longarm into Hoist: I know he's a movie mold, and thus off-limits, but I he would make a great Universe Hoist. The head mold is already clearly an homage, and the robot mode nicely straddles the aesthetics between the Movie and Universe 2 lines.

As for the Hotshot-into-Tracks idea, I'd be fine with that.... but with Breakaway already coming along, I too would rather see Tracks as a new mold. Actually, I think they could conceivably make a mold that could be shared by both Tracks and Wheeljack. They have similar transformations, and both even have wings and dual shoulder launchers. They could design a fictional car somewhere in between a Corvette and a Lancia, and do two heads molds. They could even do a back-to-front switcheroo transformation in the legs, as with the Lambos' chests (since that was the main variation between Wheeljack's and Tracks' design).

14. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    MOAR SEEKERS AND RAINMAKERS! from Classics Starscream and Classics Ramjet

Red Alert from Classics Sideswipe

Bludgeon from Cyb. Unicron

Trailbreaker from Universe Ironhide

15. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Cyb Hot Shot into Runamuck and Runabout.
    Acid Storm into Sunstorm and Icestorm. There were 3 rainmakers, 1 green, 1 orange and 1 blue. Gives us all the rainmakers.
    Cyb Unicron would make an excellent Bludgeon all he needs is a sword.
    Cyb Metroplex as Fort Max as stated earlier.
    Energon Scorponok as G1 Scorponok.
    Energon Shockblast as Shockwave, remolded to have a smaller, more articulate cannon arm.
    Armada Overload as Sentinel Prime with Apex armor.
    Energon Blurr as G1 Blurr

16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    New Seekers, using the Energon Starscream mold: Well not necessarily the same seekers as the last line (mainly because G1 Screamer's deco on the E Screamer model has already been done), but I think we could get a decent Thrust (who is only getting a minicon) out of the mold.

Pointblank from Cybertron Hot Shot: Similar transformation and car modes, just needs a head remold, and if Hasbro are feeling EXCEPTIONALLY nice a Targetmaster partner

Sureshot from Cybertron Hardtop: No announced Deluxes I know, but they have similar vehicle modes. All it would need is a new head, and again if hasbro are feeling nice some kind of Targetmaster.

Scourge from Sharkticon: A bit of a stretch, but both are spacecrafter that don't really look at all like spacecraft. And I'd like to get my hands on Sharkticon.

The Rebirth 'Seekers': Slugslinger, Misfire, and Triggerhappy. Slugslinger obviously from Energon Slugslinger, Triggerhappy from Cybertron Sideways, and Misfire from... I'm running out of futuristic deluxe jet molds and don't want to say Energon Starscream again. And again it would be nice if Hasbro gave us Targetmasters for these, even if they were all the same mold with slightly different colouring.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    already on my list hehehe and no, he will not look ANY think like the Omega Supreme that I made from that mold. :D 

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Armada Tidal Wave- As much as I'd love a retool of at least the leg part of the boat trio to incorporate knees, I'd settle for a show accurate deco, hopefully a little more accurate than the Takara version.

Onslaught- MEGA OCTANE, NOW. All other repaints are welcome too though.
    Cybertron Unicron- Yes, Bludgeon, please.
    Classics Mirage- Machine Wars Mirage, that'd just be awesome.
    Classics Grimlock- G2
    Classics Starscream- Sunstorm, G2
    Classics Ramjet- G2!
    CD Red Alert- Perceptor
    Cyb. Scourge- Trypticon, Hun-Grr
    Cyb. Leobreaker- Leo Prime, Razorclaw
    Cyb. Evac- Whirl
    Cyb. Starscream (voyager)- US release of the show colors, Sunstorm, Skywarp, Thundercracker for the hell of it, Ramjet (cybertron and/or G1)
    Cyb. Soundwave- US release of Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw, G2 Cyberjet Air Raid
    Cyb. Jetfire- Fireflight
    Cyb. Hotshot- Red Alert

DN

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I would love a set of g2 seekers from the starscream mold.

20. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    Here are my thoughts on some repaints for Universe 2.0 et al:

Cybertron Metroplex - Metrotitan OR a Fort Max
    Cybertron Unicron - Bludgeon
    Cybertron Primus - Gold Version ala Golden Age Cybertron