Customs: Possible Ultra Magnus Head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, May 27, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 

I was listing some figures for sale tonight and i had some KO micromasters i was listing. I noticed the Rail Racer i have has a different head then the actual official takara version. While looking closer at it i noticed that it's almost a dead ringer for Ultra Magnus.

It's pretty much a Deluxe size head that would probably fit on classic magnus perfectly. I know some people were sculpting there own version of his head but this may save ya some time.. These sets are all over ebay and they may have this same head. My version came in a box not a card..

I just thought i would pass this on to all the bashers out there :)  Sorry if this was mentioned already ... I think i may be holding on to mine and give a custom a try. If anyone digibashes this send me the pic and i will include it in this post. I tried to do a digibash but it came out pretty bad lol.

Goodluck if anyone uses it for there bash :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, this head is from the original trainbot micro combiner I believe... I forget what his name was, but the version that Hasbro released as part of Universe is a second headmold done to represent a new character. I'm fuzzy on the Japanese characters, so I'm not sure... one version is Sixliner and the other is Sixtrain, or something like that.

However, every KO version I've seen for this set (and there are many) has this Magnus-like head. The detail on the one in this pic is pretty soft, but I think the molding on mine (also a KO) is a bit sharper.

I think you can find these in almost any Chinatown for under $10.

zmog

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Sixliner was the first of the Japanese Microcombiners; Sixtrain (which was the one released by Hasbro as Rail Racer) was a redeco/tool of that.

And yeah, while I don't intend to do that particular mod, I've been suggesting the Sixliner head for months to anyone that is. It's pretty well a perfect fit almost without modding.
    Here's a pic of my Classics Prime with my reissue Sixliner's helmet for comparison...
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/mag_01.jpg

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, unfortunately too small to fit over the Prime head like a helmet, but just about the perfect size as a head replacement!

zac

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Oh, totally as a replacement. But the people I've been suggesting it to have been those who want to turn the cab alone into the armoured-version Magnus in robot mode. For that, this head is ideal. You'd pretty much just have to remove the Prime head, find a way to attach this in the same place (I haven't taken a Prime head off to see what the bottom's like, but I'm guessing it's basically a hole; in which case you'd just need to fill in the hole at the bottom of the Sixliner head and drill a smaller one), and possibly trim a little off the antennae and also inside the cab's shoulders, so the head fits better.

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    here you go, very quick and dirty mockup of that head on massdestruction's custom body -

[​IMG]

7. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that looks really gud, im happy with my tit magnus else id be tempted to try that myself