Possible type of Transformers Fan media?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvanitro, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Transformers Radio Drama - Voice Actors/Narrator Needed

Has anyone ever thought of trying to do a radio/podcast TF Series? You'd have a narrator, voice actors, sound effects, etc.

I know Transformers is very visual, but what are you all thoughts and ideas?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Do you mean like a radio drama? Sure, it could work as long as you have good mixers/editors working on it to bring it together. The only problem is that in this day-and-age you'll always end up with more than a few hecklers who'll moan "but where are the pictures?!"

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the advances made in animation programs, there's really no need, talented fans could make whole animated episodes. If you haven't, I highly suggest checking out KaxBlastard/Jon 3.0's "Generation II" series on youtube

4. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Not a bad idea. I used to listen to Star Wars books on tape at an old job I had a few years back, I'd imagine this would be similar.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I say return to the old read-a-long book and cassette sets.

Although seriously, I'd give an audio version of some of the comics a go. Not sure which ones would suit this format best but then again I'm not in charge of these sorts of decisions! :p 

6. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Yes, it would be a radio/audio drama. (It'd be referred to audio, because it'd be in podcast form.) I think it'd be cool, and quite fun to work on.

The reason I'm asking is, I'm thinking of creating one, and wanted to see the general opinion of it. So far it seems like some people would be interested.

My thought process was that it would give people a form of well-written mobile media, that we could listen to while working on things, and enjoy adventures and characters we don't always see. And, if I decide to go ahead with the project, you guys could comment, and say things you'd like to hear happen in the stories. It may not be perfect, but it could be something that gets better with time.

7. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Transformers is a visual entertainment, like you said. At it's core, it's about awesome looking robots doing awesome looking things. This is why books miss the mark overall, no matter how well written. Simply narrating what's written is kinda one of those fun things that people do at cons with celebrity VAs. Fanfics only get so many followers and this media would be way more work from a lot of different people. Inevitably, it would just fall to the wayside.

I hate to be discouraging or negative, but it just won't work. The second you introduce a visual aspect (imagery to go along with said narration/voice acting - stills, video, stop motion, etc), then it becomes a lot more feasible to get followers, which in turn makes it more worth it for all of the work to go into it.

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A radio drama would be awesome. I'm always looking for new podcasts. And one with a narrative as opposes to news/talk radio format would be most desirable.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Anybody remember the original War of The Worlds radio-series? At the time, it was so realistically done that people had actually thought it was happening in real life.
    So I think depending on how good it's not only written, but how good the voice actors are, it could work.
    One never knows without trying.

10. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well war if worlds was a special case cause it had never happened before and dare I say it a more innocent time. It was also done on the style of newsreports so back then without and way to verify something like that they were inclined to believe it.

11. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    That is true about War of The Worlds. But there were many sci-fi/action radio dramas back in the day, so it definitely can be done.

Well, I've written up the plot summary for the first season, so I'll write the first episode script, and try and find some way to get Voice Actors interested. Cause I'm not that great. at VActing. I'm sure I could do some generic voices, but actual character ones....No. That's probably going to be the hardest part.

The first season (more of a pre-season/prequel) is starting out small with five ten-minute episodes, equaling a fifty-minute complete story. If it is relatively well-received, then maybe they'd get longer.

More info to come, :)