Possible transformer return *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ace96, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Ok so by now its common knowledge what happens to Jazz in the movie but on the back of the G1 colored movie package it says...."During the long process of being rebuilt by AUTOBOT RATCHET, there was a lot of time to think. AUTOBOT JAZZ digs his Earth vehicle form, but the silver paint job had always left something to be desire. It got scratched too easily, for one thing, and dust stuck to it like cyberflies on old oil. Also, it wasn't nearly eye-catching enough. Just because he's supposed to be in disguise doesn't mean he can't be noticed. With help from BUMBLEBEE and AUTOBOT RATCHET, he picked this color scheme as the one most likely to get him appreciative looks from all the humans he passes on the freeway." Sounds like Jazz might make it after all.

Gives me hope!

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Extended universe. It's
    like Boba Fett supposedly surviving the sand pit in the books, while Lucas doesn't recognise them as canon.

No, I got something better: Stasis lock, which they haven't discovered yet. They could have invested so much time in culture and war that they have never investigated their bodies. Not even Ratchet could know about it.

3. frosthsky

frosthsky Well-Known Member

Hey, I like Ra88's theory. They DID say that they looked at every aspect of the Transformers universe, why not take that particular aspect into consideration? Could be interesting for future movies.

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice connection, Ra88. I never considered Fett dead (he's my favorite SW character anyway), so now that this is part of the story, canon or otherwise, it's all good with Jazz.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Doesn't he get his: Spark ripped out? Which, as you know, is not the same as having it removed. Plus, it's fatal.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That isn't what happens, from what I've read in reports from those who've seen the movie already.

7. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

^ yep. Megs just tore him in half. it didn't show if his spark was taken out..

8. ozmirage

ozmirage Well-Known Member

But they also say that they tried to save him and they couldn't then prime gives his speil about " we lost a great friend a great warrior yada yada yada........

9. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Gives me hope, too. I hated to see Jazz go out.

Nope, we didnt see Megatron rip his spark out, he just ripped him in half. They said they couldnt save him, which could mean they couldnt save him out there on the battlefield, but perhaps they could rebuild him later on.

I'd love to see him make a comeback in the sequel. Would make my life.

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I'm sorry Prime, we couldn't couldn't save him" "Oh, Jazz.......we've lost a ally, but gained many new ones"

This is what is said during the movie, there's no doubt in my mind that he's gone for good (movie-wise). Just because a toy's box says something doesn't mean it's true. To my knowledge, one of those target exclusive scouts claims to have destroyed bumblebee's vocal processors. Yet the canon-story is that Megatron did.

Starscream's box says he's the sole-survivor of the battle, but that's not true either.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was shocked about Jazz's fate in the movie but it showed how powerful and vicious Megs was! But hey, Jazz died a hero...he bought the humans time to run as Ironhide and Ratchet covered their retreat.

12. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

As much as I like Jazz, I say we should let dead 'bots lie. It just cheapens the impact of his death if they bring him back in the 2nd movie. After all, with his departure, it would be a chance for other favourties to step into the limelight.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, sadly I got to agree with you on that...

14. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    But I don't think non-Trasnformers-fan will care much about Jazz even he is dead. my friends (who are not Transformers fans) barely notice it and care about it :lol  . I really hope Jazz put up more of a fight to make a better impression

15. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically, GM wouldn't allow that. And Tracks is his natural substitute for the 2nd movie anyway.

16. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

Cheap shot!

I hate it when they do that in films, kill important characters just for the sake of having something dramatic happen.

And it's even more inexcusable in the first film. They usually save this stuff for the final film (when the standards are dropping, think X-Men 3 movie and cringe).

But I don't understand how it could happen.

I thought it was a basic fact of Transformer anatomy that, as long as their brain was intact, they could be repaired. After all, we see Frenzy's head come off and he crawls away (without his body, I hope he left a forwarding address with it :)  ).

So, being ripped in half should have only been a major inconvience for Jazz. And it also looks like Megatron, not satisfied with ripping him in half, pulls off his left arm as well! :ev:  I guess he likes to kick people when they're down.

Also, I don't think it was appropriate to kill Megatron either. We need our villian's leader. Please don't tell me Starscream will take over the leadership. :dunce  :lol 

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    these are all some good ideas, but keep in mind
    SPOILER

he gets his spark eaten.

18. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

We did not actually see that happening on screen.

But it's possible, it was in the original leaked script draft. In the movie, Megatron was holding on to Jazz's both halves for quite a while before Prime appeared on screen, who knows what he was doing with the body during that period of time.

19. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

Megs could return as well, with some ressurect mumbo-jumbo plot device and turn him into a pain driven Galvatron or simply a very pissed off Megatron.

20. liechentron

liechentron Well-Known Member

Megs = Necrophiliac