(Possible) toyline identification

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Soundblaster1, May 12, 2009.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Picture it. Toys R Us. Back when they were actually an alright store to shop at and weren't too incredibly off from everyone else's pricing.

If I had to guess, I'd say this was around 1996 (but where I live, toys don't sell. I could get G2 up until around '97, but young me was stupid and didn't realize that stuff would be appreciated by present-day me)... So 1994-5 for everyone else.

This is what I've got to work with:
    -The packaging was white and black with a window... Roughly square, not sure how deep it was because they had them on the top shelf.
    -As far as I remember, the specific one I remember looked a lot like BW Megatron in Dinobot (the toy)'s colors... But it was larger than BW Megatron
    -There was, for whatever reason (perhaps relevant?) fake hair/fur on it... Kinda like a troll doll, only the hair was gray.
    -For some reason, I think the box art was of a robot, but this was not a Transformers product. I can also say for sure it was not Power Rangers.

What I know for sure:
    -It ain't Dinozaurs/Dinozone
    -Not Transformers
    -It was only there once. They had several of them (and I think one other kind of the same deal, but I remember more details about this one). I didn't get out to TRU much as a kid, so I'd have to assume they could only have been there for 2-3 months at most.
    -I never saw it at Kmart (we didn't have Walmart back then)
    -I have never seen anything similar come up recently on TFW

That's about all I have to say.

So... Can anyone help me out, or was young me hallucinating at the Toys R Us?

Thanks in advance
    SB

2. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'm gonna take that as a "I'm crazy".

3. Fito

Fito Little Buddy

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

It sounds like a couple different lines, or figures from the same line, mixed together in your head.

IF this actually has anything to do with Primal Rage, that would make sense. It was a short-lived line released in 1996, heavily featured one character named Sauron who does look a bit like BW Megs in Dinobot's colors, and also featured two apes, Chaos and Blizzard, (see Chaos here) with "Troll hair." Windowed boxes too, but in color.

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I kinda remember those... I'm pretty sure they aren't it. (but I won't commit to anything)

Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't make any sense... I couldn't have been more than 5 at the time. For all I know, it could have been a BW Megatron and the rest is something that I assumed was real, therefore it was.