Customs: Possible to tighten a pin?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by mr_soundwave, May 7, 2009.

1. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

Hello, I have re cently taken my alternators out of the closet and began playing with them again. I don't know how my silverstreak and smokescreen can be so great, and my Ricochet is terrible....I don't know if everyone's alt ricochet is like this, but mine has terrible paint apps on the face, the engine hood and scoop assembly pop out alot and don't fit back in well, his gun always seperates in two peices, but the worst part is that at his shoulders, the arms droop down every time. So, my question is this: Is it possible to tap out the pin and tighten it up somehow? I have read the tapping resources and that makes sense, but there is no mention on pin modification. If anyone knows how to tighten/re-enforce a pin let me know...I just really want my ricochet toy to be able to stand without saggy arms...:( 

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I've never done this before, but at first guess, I think you could pop the pins out, clear coat them, and then push them back into the arm.

3. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    tamiya's thin cement will help.
    it is very fluid and flows like water.
    it will fill and seal the gap.
    it's a must for every kitbasher to have.

4. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

thanks, i will check out the tamiya wonder liquid :)  hopefully i don't screw it up...

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I use Future floor polish to tighten up some of my pins and joints as well :)