possible TF ride in Florida

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    not sure if any one has posted this but i found out that at the Universal studios park in Florida, there will be a transformers ride like in singapore. however, they are getting rid of jaws and that whole area and replacing it with the TF ride. i doubt that universal has posted anything bout this but i heard from a rickshaw guy that works there (not a very reliable source i know). but that doesn't mean it's a definite "no".

2. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

There's a long running joke about "the bus driver told me" rumors in the Disney Parks community. I guess the rickshaw guys are the Universal equivalent, haha. As you say, reliability is through the floor.

Personally I think the smart money is on it being a Harry Potter expansion. There are permits on file for a "Project 722" for the demolition and replacement of an existing attraction - this would appear to point to the shutdown and removal of Jaws - with people working on 722 from both the original Harry Potter Universal project AND people who worked on the Harry Potter films. More information here.

BUT... could all be smoke and mirrors and it ends up being Transformers afterall. Plans do change midstream sometimes, afterall!

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    WHAT?! Look, I'm a TF fan, but Jaws comes first to me. I wanted Orlando to get the TF Ride, but not at the cost of losing Jaws.

I'm still pissed about the removal of Back to the Future for the *bleep*ing Simpsons!

4. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i hear ya. jaws goes back to universal's roots. i'd hate to see it go. i was shocked to see Back to the Future gone.

and i wish hasbro would do something big for WFC cause i would prefer to walk through the streets of Iacon (or the pits of Kaon), than the movie franchise. but beggars can't be choosers i guess

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    jaws has been removed to make room for the Harry Potter world
    Here is your online proof:
    Universal Studios Florida

the transformers ride will come to Florida to replace Spiderman (because the two rides are almost the same) when Universal looses naming right with Marvel as I have said multiple times in multiple threads

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I thought Harry Potter was overtaking that Poseidon Island thing as it is?

7. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

:thumbs2:  approved

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IT IS, just look at my post above yours

9. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not coming to Florida. It might show up in Japan, but that is still a big speculation, since Japan would invest in Wizarding World before Transformers.

10. FigNewton

FigNewton Well-Known Member

The final update on Screamscape about the online detective work proving the Harry Potter theory is the information I posted in post #2. :) 

11. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    dude i live in florida and literally just got back from universal. and even though marvel belongs to disney now, i doubt they will be getting rid of it anytime soon. plus harry pothead world has already taken over the lost continent and jaws will remain until the TF ride is put in. my guess though is that renovations will begin shortly after the despicable me attraction is finished and opened

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't know if this is true or not bit if it true than great!:D 

13. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They are not going to get rid of Marvel. It's basically locked into Universal Orlando until they decide to do a major overhaul to Marvel Island which won't be in the works for at least another decade, since they have been furbishing/upgrading their existing rides including Spider-Man the past year. In a decade Transformers will be a dated attraction and share little interest to those in Orlando since bigger and better things are on the horizon for that resort.