POSSIBLE SPOILERS: If Optimus regains his memories after the 3-parter...

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ahunmaster, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... what if he decides to not return to the Autobots, but rather go off to find himself?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS
    possible spoilers
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS
    possible spoilers

Why would this be possible? So far in the 12 minute promo, he's helping the Decepticons crack Autobot code and possibly finding hidden weapons or artifacts that'll affect the war. As for the rest of the 3-parter's episode descriptions, it looks like he will get his memory back and try to fight Megatron. As for the Autobots, Orion Pax Part 3 says "Autobots try to get their leader back"

Now it's hard to tell what will happen in these 3 episodes exactly, but after thinking about it, the possibility is there that Orion Pax, in his innocent state of mind, may give the Decepticons some kind of edge or something that will lead to something devastating happening in those 3 episodes.

In the likely possibility that Optimus does get all his memories back, he may also feel guilty once he realizes that he, even though he had the valid excuse of amnesia, helped the Decepticons cause destruction and turn him against his allies despite his strong belief in righteousness and justice.

And after everything is said and done and Megatron's "take over the world" plan is stopped, he may either evade the Autobots out of self-hating or possibly explain to them that he is conflicted, doesn't feel he has the right to lead them, and leaves.

This could lead to great characterization and plot. Optimus doesn't come back right away and goes to find out what being a Prime is all about. The Autobots get a little closer trying to work without the big man in charge. It could lead up to an episode some time later where Optimus discovers himself and comes back with renewed strength.

It's just a possibility, but I think these events are a likely road that the writers could possibly take with the new season.

What does everyone else think?

2. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

3. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which post # was it mentioned in? I looked through the thread but I couldn't find it.

And if I did repeat something mentioned there, I'm sorry about that. But I thought this was a good idea that deserved some attention because of it's awesomeness and it likely happening.

4. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

lol. I just mean that the spoiler about the episode, not the theory, FYI its post #1 :)