*possible spoilers* Based on what we know, this is my guess as to FOC's plot.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by optimaloptimus2, Jun 20, 2012.

?

Does this seem like a legitimate storyline (or the skeleton of)?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    We all know that the game starts at the end, then we puts us through a flashback, from right after the first game ends, right? As Bumblebee takes a hit for Prime? We also know that the E3 demo was the end of the second chapter and the start of the third. We know that Jazz and Cliffjumper are sent to find the Dinobots and stumble upon the planet's ancient history.
    We have also seen Optimus getting captured by WFC!Megatron, (who even slaps him at one point). My guess is that Optimus gets freed and on his way out, he "kills" Megatron.

Then we get the Decepticon story,which revolves around Starscream trying to force his way to the top. This means he butts heads with Shockwave (second E3 demo), and eventually ends up in charge of a group of loyalists: The Combaticons, who he uses to fight the Autobots in his own way, via subterfuge/sabotage (Vortex demo). Of course, Megatron returns in his new (Dark Energon infused? Not likely) body, and intrudes upon the building of Starscream's statue (gameplay trailer). After showing his number 2 what-for, he asserts his authority, with the Combaticons sucking up to him (based on Bruticus' official bio). He begins to launch direct assaults, either on Iacon (not likely) or on weak points in the Autobots' defences (such as fuel lines/ routes to energon mines/wells/whatever). This gets Optimus frantically trying to complete the Ark. I actually think the level where Starscream sabotages Shockwave's tower could be after this point, with him doing it out of spite, but we are supposedly introduced to him as a guy on-the-run, or something similar.

The final stretch of the game will be the Autobots trying to make a comeback after having the Ark, and some of their strongholds (such as the abandoned city the Combaticons wreck) compromised. The knowledge that Cliffjumper gained allows Perceptor to come up with new ways to get Energon. Eventually the Ark launches, taking us back to the beginning, only this time we see it through Optimus' POV. He'll beat back Megatron, not doinig any serious harm, as the two ships pass through the Space Bridge, which of course collapses. This ending will allow High Moon to end the series, saying they crashed on earth, or allow them to carry on, saying they ended up on Junkion or something.

I don't see the Dinobots being central to the plot, sadly, but I do think that we would see a least a bit of Grimlock butting heads with Prime, given that it's such a big part of his character. I think this will amount to one of his levels being his leading the Dinobots on an attack against the 'Cons, while Optimus is trying to conserve energon, or when Prime has asked him to do something else entirely (like helping with the evacuation?). This, I think, would fit in with his personality, which was described as making him the type to "fight and die" than "run and survive". As much as I like Shockwave, I doubt he'd be of any more importance than Heimdall was in Thor, so he would still get one or two cool moments (the website doesn't give him an ability, but didn't give one to 'Bee either, despite him being playable. Perhaps Shockwave can control the Insecticons, like Megatron and his hatchlings in DOTM, or anything else that could be seen as a spoiler). I don't think many people would mind if Perceptor missed out though.

I'll add to this as I remember more of what I had in my mind. Feel free to discuss and critique, but try not to insult me!

EDIT 1:
    Megatron's level would be part of him attacking the Autobots (he does lead from the front, and I'd assume that he'd have been MIA for some time. He wouldn't want to get rusty!

Vortex's level takes place in an abandoned city, where I'd assume Prime wanted to hide the bridge. So, naturally, Bruticus would take it out himself. Sorry, forgot to make that clear.

EDIT 2: After Trophy reveal:

EDIT 3:
    EDIT 4:
    EDIT 5:

EDIT 6:

Bit late, but Metroplex's weakness may be the huge amount of Energon he clearly needs to function?

EDIT 7:

Moment of truth! And I can't believe I was actually almost right!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Thats possible.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Well, where does Megatron's level fit in?

Also, Vortex's level is confirmed to revolve around destroying an Energon transport bridge.

4. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

I don't think I've heard of Megatron's level. Can you tell me more about where and what you from heard it?

5. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Megatron's level would be part of him attacking the Autobots (he does lead from the front, and I'd assume that he'd have been MIA for some time. He wouldn't want to get rusty!

Vortex's level takes place in an abandoned city, where I'd assume Prime wanted to hide the bridge. So, naturally, Bruticus would take it out himself. Sorry, forgot to make that clear.

6. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    On the offical website it gives Megatrons ability as hover, we know this isn't for escalation so it can only be for campaign. Plus I saw a 3 second preview of it in some video.

7. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Based on the trophies revealed, here is who I think will be playable in each chapter:
    1. Bumblebee: We've already seen this.
    2. Optimus: We saw some of this via Gameinformer
    3. Optimus: The E3 demo.
    4. Cliffjumper: You get a trophy for completing this chapter without being detected, and the trophy you get for just plain completing it ("Eye of the Storm") seems to hint at the "lost history" thing.
    5. Jazz: We know that he's working with CJ on this, and the trophy for this chapter is "Cut and Run", fitting for a guy with a grappling hook.
    6. Vortex: The trophies for this are "Death from Above", indicating that this level lets you fly, and "Car Wash of Doom", unlocked by helping Blast Off.
    7. Soundwave: We know he has access to his Minicons, and you unlock the trophy "Club Con" here, which is obtained by ramming a jet. Players of WFC know that only trucks can do this.
    8. Bruticus: The two trophies, especially "Fusilateral Quintrocombiner" are a dead giveaway. I have a feeling that Soundwave's level would run parallel to Vortex's, or happen because the Combaticons need help. Once he's done, we'll jump back to the abandoned city to "become a god on the battlefield". So, we may actually get significant play time as this guy!
    9. Megatron: The main trophy is "Megatron Returns" and the second involves smashing statues of Starscream.
    10. Megatron: "The Final Countdown" kinda agrees with my idea that he goes on a mighty rampage once he returns, and the second trophy is earned by performing a "hover slam". Megatron is the only character (that we know of) that is capable of hovering.
    11. Starscream: The trophy given is "Starscream's betrayal", and the secondary trophy is awarded upon hacking the Decepticon security terminals.
    12. Grimlock: The two trophies HAVE Grimlock's name in them, and we know that we play as Starscream just before him, as the transition was the first example we had of the "cinematic cutscenes". Also, I KNEW we'd play as him just before the Ark launched; the gameplay trailer has him "outdoors" (presumably where you'd smash a flyer with an exploding barrel). Matt T said that we play as Grimlock halfway through the game, so I'm worried that that either means Chapters 1-11 are ridiculously short, or Chapters 12-13 are ridiculously long. Given that the next chapter is a (pure?) boss fight, I think this chapter marks the end of Teletran's usefulness.
    13. Optimus Prime/ Megatron: We know that we can play as either, so I think that the chapter will let us play just where Chapter 1 ended. I guess this makes sense, as both Megatron and OP had two consecutive chapters each, and we never saw them fight in WFC. I'm still convinced that the ending will be the same no matter who you play as (the Sonic/ Silver boss fight in Sonic 2006 is a prime example of this). If Optimus gets consumed by rage at Bumblebee's sacrifice, that could give him a reason to win (revenge) or lose (blinded by rage), so the story could work either way, unless, like I said, High Moon pulls an '06 on us*.

I'm open to suggestions, and as always, that poll is available for voting! I hope this stays alive a bit longer this time round though.

* If you haven't played Sonic 2006, no matter who you play as, Silver will win (if playing as Sonic, Silver scores a cheap shot in the following cutscene).

8. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    i think you have a few good points, but i also think the story will be very different to yours. Your story doesnt seem to match up with the chapter numbers on the trophies very well either, Starscreams betrayal doesnt occur til chapter 11, very late in the story. I also dont think Scream will be in charge of the constructicons or involved with them. 14 chapters all together and Megatron returns in chapter 9 and Scream's betrayal follows after his return. Could go into this further but i dont have time, and rather than try to solve all the story now i wanna save the rest as a surprise as i play through it

9. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Oh yeah! He was hovering and blasting the shit out of so Autobots with his fusion cannon.

10. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Though Megatron's the only character so far to hover, I think that flying characters instead of dashing should be able to hover. It would be overpowered but still. Most of the characters in WFC that could fly did.

11. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know from Chapter XIII you'll fight either Megatron or Optimus Prime, but i was wondering if we are going to have boss fights of other Decepticons or Autobots, cause we haven't seen any indication from that.

12. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Well what happens at the part of the game where you can either play as megatron or prime?

13. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remember reading that flyers could hover indefinetly, but I haven't heard or seen anything since, so yeah. Wish it were true though.

14. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Some people have speculated that there are either two endings, leading into different continuities. I like to think that there are either two endings, one canon and the other not (ala Infamous) or, better yet, that both have the same general outcome (like my given example).

15. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    After the "Through The Matrix" trailer, I am fairly confident that Metroplex is involved in freeing Optimus, and he's the reason Megatron needs a new body.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If only it were possible to make his mouth look like he was saying Megatron...

[​IMG]

17. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Now that we know that Swindle has a grappling hook, I am confident that he'll be playable in the Bruticus level (until now, I thought that clip of Onslaught congratulating him was due to something he did in that cutscene itself).

18. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Okay, Chapter Names (after a long, unbelievable delay):
    1: The Exodus
    2: Defend the Ark
    3: Metroplex heeds the Call
    4: Eye of the Storm
    5: Cut and Run
    6: Death from Above
    7: Belly of the Beast (Metroplex's downfall?)
    8: Combaticons Combine
    9: Megatron Returns
    10: The Final Countdown (Do-do-do-doo. Do-do-do-do-dooo.)
    11: Starscream's Betrayal
    12: Grimlock Smash
    13: Till all are one.

Also, I wanted to know whether I should put this up on Youtube, then an epilogue of sorts once the game comes out? (A lack of a capture card would stop me uploading the game itself.)

19. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    I'm fairly confident that Soundwave's level runs parallel to the Combaticons' and involves him trying to find Megatron. In Gametrailers' Vortex gameplay, we see a cutscene depicting the Starscream's (and the Combaticons') plan, which has them split into two groups: Swindle, who needs to kill off any Autobot Scouts who may figure out their plans, and Vortex & Blast-Off (who will take the bridge), with Brawl following (with artillery fire). Starscream will lead a forward assault, and it seems that Onslaught remains as mission control or something, until he decides to accompany Brawl (dude's an idiot, and Onslaught is the one to ask Vortex if he needs an assist in the pre-E3 demo).
    PS. The game takes place over "6 Earth Days", according to a preview.

20. optimaloptimus2

News Credits:
    Moment of truth! I can't believe I was almost right!