Possible scam?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Golden Age, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a scam where a seller has been targeted by a group of buyers?
    I ask because I have been selling some of my TF's that I have bought at different times from different places. I have kept them in pristine condition in storage for years. Now I have sold a few (mostly to China but two in the U.S.) and I am getting similar complaints. Ebay has always sided with the buyers, even though some of them are practically new members. It has been completely unfair and I am losing money while they are getting fantastic deals on great mechandise.
    Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

More and more it's becoming a "seller beware" world.

3. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is a scam or just that you've dealt with a bad patch of people.

It does seem rather odd to have it happening like this.

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the complaints? Because, honestly, they could be on your end and valid. Post Office can be consistant and fudge up shipping for instance (which case I'd start sending from another post office).

If they get things dinged and such maybe your not packing right. I have success with priority mail not being dinged or smashed at all.

What issues are they bringing up?

5. jointhetoyarmy

jointhetoyarmy Active Member

I've had a few problems like that. I sell quite a bit on Ebay and it seems like more people from overseas are buying than here in the States. I've had some problems like bank reversals ( which are annoying) and Items not as described when I know things are perfect. I even had a buyer buy a Scorponok from me here in the US. He received it said it wasn't as described because it was missing the gun shield, which I know I packed. He sent it back for a refund, only problem is he stripped the thing of every part. So I got back a bare bones Scorponok and he probably completed his for free. Some dishonest buyers know that sellers have no power anymore so they can basically do whatever they want.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    wont sell to anyone out the us, unless they request and their feedback is over 100 and unblemished, I also look for known sellers that have had good dealings with them. Cuts down on a lot of problems.

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    State no refunds and video yourself packing the box.

This sounds like a nightmare. I'd also avoid selling overseas from now on.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    This and the never ending fees is why I dont bother selling on ebay any more. It really has become a buyer's marketplace on there and if anything happens, the seller takes the hit. Good for honest buyers dealing with fradulent sellers but horrible if it's the other way around.

9. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

(Not directed at you) The only time that I know of a group of buyers targeting a seller, is when the seller is a known scammer.

What are the complaints?

You have the right to limit who bids on your auctions. In my auctions, I state that you must have an ebay account for longer than 6 months.

Once a buyer meets my buying requirements, I ship worldwide. I haven't had any problems so far.

10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    This. I've been lucky so far. I did have one guy stalking my account that seemed a bit shifty, but I let him bid because he always helped push prices up.

Had one guy from germany claim he didn't recieve the parcel. Sent me a message asking for a tracking no. As soon as I said it wasnt tracked (as per the auction stated) he filed a case against me, saying I hadn't been helpful, been slow to reply, and refused a refund (all bs). The worst part was that because the case was opened with Ebay Germany, I had to RESOLVE the case through ebay germany. Thank god for google translate. Managed to upload a scan of proof of posting, and I sent a reply to the case in german. 20 mins later, the guy saw I'd countered his claim, closed the case, and left positive feedback.

If he'd stuck to his guns and saw the case through, I reckon he would have won, as I dont think Proof of posting is enough to win a case.

11. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I got hit by a bunch of auction winners that were bit by the don't pay bug. They've been on eBay for longer thatn 6 months and ended up winning more than a dozen auctions. Reported, of course, but they're still on eBay and they snipe auctions. seibertronjp was the main culprit, he won 10 auctions one day and never paid. He's from China. Maybe he would have paid and tried to scam me if I hadn't required express mail since it's the only way to track the package accurately enough so I wouldn't get screwed by something like that.

12. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Always use tracking & insurance to prove delivery per Paypal's seller requirements. If you get charged with something like "not as described", then the buyer has to return the item to you, an expense for them. Now, this is where paypal would close the claim once the item is returned. If its stripped for parts like your scorponok, you reverse the claim to Paypal & have it reopened if it was closed. If you followed Paypal's seller requirements, you should be fully refunded as this would be a case of buyer fraud.

13. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Yeah.. gotta make insurance and delivery confirmation manditory on ebay, IMO. Covers you with paypal claims for the most part.

Youll probably lose bidders, since international people wont wanna put up with insane shipping prices (which they will be, for insurance and delivery confirmation requirments) but.. those are the breaks ;;.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Ebay is a wretched Hive of scum and villainy you must be cautious. I am quite sure they are many good sellers and buyers on ebay but the ones that aren't make it hard on everyone sell that does business through ebay.

15. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    paypal will give 2 shits on a shingle about your filling a case of buyer fraud...paypal even forces you to open the cases in ebay now...and ebay closed a case on me last week where they had refunded the buyer his money once he uploaded tracking and the package had not even gotten back to me yet...ebay starts demanding me to pay them immediately for the refund they issued to the buyer...sent a nice case of hell to them via email on that one...they then deferred and reversed their payment demands for me to give them money they should not have released to the buyer....

in short...ebay SUCKS...it is very fustrating that there has not been a strong competitor emerge for ebay...sucks that every year they *ebay* seem to be more happy to keep bending the sellers over the table more and more...the actual people that make ebay money.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have never hade a problem buying on ebay. I pay on time, I ask questions before I buy and if something should happen I usually approace with a nice tone but I have never hade to.

Now I sold of my hockey card collection a few months ago. A patrick roy collection that became around 600 auctions. Every card and every item gave me positiv feedback. Then there was this canadien guy. He claimed the cards were damadge, I asked for pictures and he started threatening me with RCMP and woul have me arrested if I did not refunded him 100USD. ( You ppl should read the mail its hillarouis)

I told him to lay of the though guy attitude and asked for pictures and he sent me pictrues of the card with brooken corners. But I asked for full size because the auto card and base card is the same and on his picture the auto is not seen anywere because he only took pictures of the corners and on only on 1 of the 5 cards he won.

HE filed "not as described claim" and paypal said he would send it back, to me....I moved and he send it to the wrong address and then the pack went back to him and paypal closed the case in my favour. I have not heard anything from him and he has not left any neg feedback.
    /end

If he would been a nice ugy and sent full pictures back and fornt were I could see the cards were damadge then of course I would refund him or make some sort of a deal.But he still has not as of today given me any full size picturs of any of the cards.

But I will never sell anything on ebay ever again...

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have had massive problems selling on eBay lately. People will either claim that they never received the item and file a Paypal claim (AND FUCKING WIN!) or pick on some minor detail and threaten negative feedback and claims until you give them money back to resolve it.
    Basically, as far as eBay and Paypal are concerned, the seller can go screw themselves.

The only way around it now is to make sure you only ship using trackable services and be as vague as you can with your item description. It totally sucks that it has come to this, but the majority of people in this world are only after one thing - to get as much stuff as they can for free or very cheaply. Call me cynical, but I work in retail and so many customers complain about the smallest things just so they can get a refund or a free ticket.

But I need to sell my stuff and make some money so what are you going to do? The only thing I CAN do is learn from the shitty way I've been treated and toughen up and don't give them an inch.

I genuinely feel for every person who has be fucked over by dishonest buyers on eBay.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I HATE assholes like this. They make it so fucking difficult for those of us outside the US to find what we're after on eBay.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    So far, I've only been screwed by Americans (twice) and Canadians (twice) even though I've bought and sold all over the world. And US-only auctions make me boil, especially when my feedback is usually better than the seller's!

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. The only hassle I've ever had on eBay has been from US buyers who don't understand how long a parcel takes to get from here to there.