Possible running problem with SG Drift.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by n10zguy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, I checked the pages up til people started getting the figure and did not see anything about it.

Apparently there is a running problem with people getting 2 of the same hands and 2 of the same guns in their SG Drifts.

If you point the gun at you the tabs on the top are supposed to point in opposite directions. I already know of 9 people so far who have a problem with the guns and 3 people with the hands. 2 of my Drifts also have a problem with the guns.

Here is a pic of what I have to show what I am talking about.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to find someone who has the opposite of these to possibly trade with. Maybe if the problem is really widespread we can use this thread to mix and match with each other.

UPDATE: Apparently some Drifts are also missing one of the small swords.

2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well whenever the club decides to ship mine, and when I get it, if it has 2 of the same gun I'll definitely come back here to do some swappage... This should probably be moved to the toy discussion or Junkiom echange at that point though?

3. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

Yeah I just figured this was the best place to post it since a running problem like this is pretty newsworthy and not as many people check the toy discussion thread.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Or missing one of the small swords like mine, so if anyone gets one that is stuffed with three swords, it is likely mine.

Edit: And PM sent OP, I think I have the matching pair to yours.

Edit 2: If OP has a trade partner already, I have two guns where the nubs face in while Drift is holding them in his left hand (opposite of what the OPs picture shows). If anyone has my matching set, PM me.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Worth contacting the TFCC if you have not done so already to see if they can do anything about this.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I did about my missing sword. Figure they will be able to take care of that. I didn't notice the gun thing till after the OP noted it. If I can swap that, I figure it may be just as easy. If I don't find one by the time FPub contacts me about the sword, I will just mention it to them.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Since he sold out, I wouldn't count on getting any help, much like the people who got lost or damaged sideburns last year, after the club sold all their extras.

Still, good luck, and I hope this is somehow taken care of.

8. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, many of the people I follow on Twitter have had the same issue. Glad I passed.

9. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Crap...I should have ordered an extra Drift for QC. Why didn't I listen to my gut...oh yeah, I was listening to my wallet.

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody think they may have moved up the release schedule to help appease some of the ugliness brought on by the credit card issues? And with rushing the release date, things like this fall through the cracks?

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I have two of the opposite guns as the OP, and it sounds like there's already at least one person looking to deal with him. If anyone else has two of the pictured guns and wants to swap one, PM me.

*edit: found a dance partner...

12. Petes Robot Convention

Petes Robot Convention Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These were in the pipeline 3 months ago. On a ship for 6 weeks. So no, completely unrelated. Will be reviewing samples on Monday to see if the factory just ran one of the guns for final production. I don't think that would be the case though. Unfortunately could be just one guy on the assembly line not paying attention to which guns he grabs...

13. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Great. I won't be sore if I get two of the same guns, since a swap with Blurr could work. But getting two of the same hands or missing a little sword will make me a bit unhappy.

14. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    Both my Runabout and Drift are perfect.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I have a pair of the opposite guns from what OP posted. Anyone looking to swap, hit me up.

16. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what, that's it? No big fix? Not even a "contact our customer service". Just an excuse of "some guy" in a factory screwing everyone who bought these? Great PR Pete. Glad I passed on this years exclusives. After the club screwed me on a defective Sideburn last year I couldn't take a chance with something that wasn't a freebie. I can easily say that I wont be renewing my sub this year.

The quality just keeps going down. When my SG Thundercracker had two left launchers I said no big deal. I found someone to swap with and got that taken care of. When my Sideburn arrived with 2 bent spoiler pieces and missing paint apps on one of his arms I let it go because the club had no extras and he was a freebie after all. But something like this is enoßugh for me to say im completely dissatisfied with this service. The bad out weighs the good far too often with you guys now. Im not taking anymore chances on likely defective products from the club anymore.

Maybe that's too harsh a response to this issue but I have to think im not the only one fed up with the decreasing quality in these figures. I mean my G2 Ramjet from last year was so warped that it bowed upward on both ends.yxk

17. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    i take it u will not be renewing

18. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No I don't think I will :( 

19. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

I have taken care of both of my problem drifts with people on here. I hope everyone will be able to find others to help them as well.

20. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

If I end up getting the defect with my guns, I think instead of trying to find someone to trade with, I'm just gonna shave off thous tabs to make the guns look the same. Would not be that huge of a deal anyway. He dose not come with the huge gun, so he will not have anything to plug the guns into. But if I get 2 left hands or a missing tiny sword, I wouldn't be too happy. By the sound of things I don't think they are going to do much to fix this. And until they do say if they will fix these or not, I won't be holding my breath :/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012