Possible running mold fix on Grimlock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DisThunder, Dec 14, 2006.

1. DisThunder

DisThunder Just got here.

News Credits:
    I just talked to a buddy of mine this morning who finally found a Classics Grimlock (Wal-Mart in VA somewhere).
    Supposedly, his Grimlock's shoulders lock up nice and tight, though the neck/collar piece still are miss-aligned. I asked him to take some pics, but he said he didn't see any obvious changes to the pegs. I'll bug him again later.
    I've heard some sporadic comments along the same lines, but it seems like most of them have been in the last litte while.
    So, what's the thought on this? Is there a running change, possibly resulting in him being short-and-no packed? Or is this just variance in the mold?

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I've not opened mine, nor have I heard anything along these lines up to this point. Could just be manufacturing variation, improper TF'ing by different people, or, I guess there could have been a change made in the mold (Cl. BB had his rub sign location revised, IIRC).

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a possibility, I suppose. Been more than a few instances of toys getting running changes to make things lock together better, or tighten up joints. I know I'd like Grimmy better if the shoulders locked down better, but I haven't seen any that do ... yet.

4. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I'm in Australia and have had Grimlock for close to 3 weeks - the shoulders on mine are nice and tight.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, some toys get fixed after their first run. Like Classics BB. The rub sign actually fits on the new ones.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think we need comparison pics with evident mold changes to truly verify this.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somebody needs to post a pic of the problem areas on Grimlock, because mine is perfect in both modes.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The Grimlock I got from HTS has shouldlers that lock down tight. I had no idea there was a problem with alot of them being loose. I can pick him up by one shoulder, shake the tar out of him, and his shoulder stays on just fine.

9. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

My HTS grimlock is of the loose shoulder variety. Doesn't kill the figure, I like him quite a bit...but tighter would be better.

10. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Grimlocks shoulders are nice and lock in place tightly. I guess I could get pics later if you needed them.