Possible repaints you'd like to see from the upcoming Universe molds.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LatinJEM777, May 27, 2008.

1. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

I'd think it'd be really cool if Hasbro did Punch/Counterpunch from Univesre 2.0 Sunstreaker. And of course, Red Alert from the same mold as well.

2. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, since its hard to think of repaints for Galvatron and Octane, I figure they'll get as much out of Sunstreaker & Prowl as possible. Which means Red Alert, Smokescreen, and a different version of Blue/Silverstreak from Takara. Think they said Ratchet would be made from Ironhide eventually. Maybe a repaint of Onslaught in a homage of the Walmart exclusive 'Urban camo' RID Ruination set?

+-MWG-+

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Punch/Counterpunch would be cool, he'd probably get a new head, but I'd prefer if he just got a new mold altogether. I'd also like the Sideswipe mold remolded/repainted into Red Alert and Prowl's mold repainted into Smokescreen(with a possible head remold)

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I've always wanted to see Bluestreak in the G1 boxart colors that we never got. If we couldnt get it in G1 (or ehobby, surprisingly), maybe we can get it for Universe. (Shattered Glass, perhaps?)

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll actually get a Blue Blue/Silverstreak

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Warpath - Ultra Onslaught

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, aside from obvious ones like Sideswipe into Red Alert or Silverstreak into Smokescreen (or a blue Blue/Silverstreak) there really aren't that many G1 characters they could be repainted into that wouldn't be completely ******ed. I'd say new characters or, where applicable, G2 colors.

8. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    Hmmm...Botcon or Collector's club Punch/Counterpunch? I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one universe mold in next year's set.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Powerglide's head really reminds me of BM Skydive so that'd be an amusing one. :p 

Yeah, obviously Smokescreen, Sideswipe, Red Alert, and I agree that potential Diaclone redecos could be cool, like the blue Bluestreak or police Sunstreaker. For some more obscure ones, how about redoing Onslaught as, for instance, Roadblock?

10. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see Takara doing one of the 'Streak repaints and Botcon getting the other (Takara probably the silver hood and FP the packing colors?). Club could also do G2 Sideswipe (ideally with a new name) and make E. Towline from the Ironhide figure (which would be a nice irony if both Ironhide and Ratchet were retail this time).

+-MWG-+

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Ironhide -----> [​IMG]

Galvatron -----> [​IMG]

Sideswipe -----> [​IMG]

Bluestreak -----> [​IMG]

And my personal desire, Onslaught -----> [​IMG]

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Oh dear God! Please don't repaint that damned thing again! :lol 

13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nightrain I hope you're joking because most of those are in the upcoming classics universe line...

But I will laugh if you are.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure Nightrain is suggesting that the Universe molds be re-painted BACK into those characters, in a circular homage. So Universe Galvatron gets repainted grey and green as Energon Galvatron, Ironhide gets painted as Towline, etc.

I dunno, you may have been serious or you may have been joking, but I for one would buy a grey/green Universe Galvatron or a Universe Armada Wheeljack in a heartbeat. :) 

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You are correct and I am serious. Especially about repainting Onslaught into Mega-Octane(cartoon colors). I'd love to have that.

16. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    From Sideswipe, I'd want Red Alert(the engine intakes can be painted to emulate a light bar)

From Sunstreaker, I'd want a Breakdown

Then from that mold again the club could remold a two-faced head for Punch/Counterpunch

From Bluestreak I'd want Smokescreen

From Prowl I'd want G2-colors Streetwise

Octane doesn't have any obvious repaints, but since the tanker truck mode is slightly reminiscent of a cement mixer, how about Mixmaster?

From Onslaught, Warpath might be good, but I was thinking maybe Roadbuster

From Powerglide, Stormcloud and red Powerglide are already coming, so really don't need another re-color. Though perhaps a Cobra Rattler repaint, maybe even through in a remolded head as Thundercracker from the GI Joe/TF crossover comics and then THERE is your retail Classics Thundercracker ;) 

From Silverbolt I demand Darkwing(call him Dreadwing or whatever) to compliment Botcon Dreadwind

From Galvatron... so far I don't like the looks of the mold, so I probably don't want any. But maybe Bludgeon or Armada Megatron colors.

From Ironhide, since he's an SUV I'd much rather get Trailbreaker(whatever the name) and Skids soon than Ratchet.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Punch/Counterpunch should happen, and I'm betting it will.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Oooh, I LOVE that idea. I'd be all over that. The mold really suits the character, with the up-swept wings on his back and the chest design.

I wonder how much taller he is than Dreadwind? Probably an inch or two... but he doesn't look as massive as the other two Ultras, so he probably wouldn't seem TOO out of scale.

Man, now I'm going to be sad if this DOESN'T happen. :(  Might have to get back into kitbashing for that...

I also really liked your G2 Streetwise idea. It would be a great way to get another Protectobot into the line without having him look exactly like Prowl.

Oh, and hey, as for possible Tankor/Octane repaints (since he's the toughest of the bunch), what about G2 Pyro? The truck mode is pretty similar and it has a very different color palette than Octane. He's even sort of a triple-changer, if you count the base mode. And hey, under this scheme, Tankor's comb-o'-death would have bitchin' yellow hazard stripes! :) 

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, let's see... there are the obvious ones that will definently probably get made by Hasbro such as Smokescreen from Prowl/Silverstreak, Red Alert from Sideswipe/Sunstreaker & Ratchet from Ironhide. Also, I'm sure they'll give us some more Micromaster homages while they're at it. Others I'd like to see though...

From the Ironhide mold I could see them giving us Skids (he'd need a new head though) as Ironhide is an SUV now. I would also love a black Diaclone Ironhide (as a new character obviously).

From the Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold I would love Tigertrack (though he'd be mostly suited to be some kind of exclusive) and if they do the remolding into Red Alert it opens up the possabilities to get eHobby Deep Cover & Clamp Down. It would also be cool to get the Diaclone police version of Sunstreaker. They could also totally get the Stunticons Breakdown and Wildrider out of this mold if they gave them a new head.

From the Prowl/Silverstreak mold I would like someone to do an actual Blue Bluestreak (make it a new character though please). With a head remold they could do the Stunticon Dead End.

Octane/Tankor is a tough one, but I like the idea of making him a new version of Pyro.

Galvatron is another tough one, but I wouldn't mind seeing him done up as Armada Megatron if they gave him a new head. They could probably do him as Bludgeon too (though I'd be happier if they gave him an all new mold instead).

Powerglide, well, considering we're already getting Storm Cloud and a red version of Powerglide from Takara... I'm not really sure what else to do with this mold. Though I do like the idea that someone mentioned about doing him up in Cobra Rattler colors.

Onslaught... don't know really. Only thing that comes to mind is RID Mega-Octane's show colors.

Silverbolt I don't have anything specific myself, but I like the idea of making him into Darkwing to go with Dreadwind.

Hound I'd love to see repainted into Detritus and while they're at it they could give us Howlback from the Ravage that's included.

Cheetor is pretty obviously going to get a Tigatron, but I figure they may give us a Shadow Panther at some point as well which would be cool too.

Cyclonus... he's another one of those guys that's really hard to do... but I wouldn't mind Bomb-Burst or Skullgrin getting done up from that mold (especially considering that their original toys sucked).

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

a possible Brawn (they did trademark the name) as Outback, Hubcap from Bumblebee (new head and maybe a weapon of some kind), comic Galvatron as a club exclusive (I see e Hobby doing that one), maybe Bludgeon from either the tank Unicron (new head and a sword) or Onslaught.