Possible release for Reveal the Shield Demolition Rumble, Downshift and Bodyblock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well with PCC Spasti....err Over-Run's release last week during Black Friday. It got me thinking, is their a chance we could see a release for RTS Demolition Rumble, Downshift and Bodyblock? In case you don't remember these guys here ya go!

Rumble (G1) - Transformers Wiki :new mold, however was released in United with the red dude too)

Downshift (TF 2010) - Transformers Wiki :He was to be a Big Daddy repaint out of Hubcap...then we lost the name. :( 

Bodyblock (TF 2010) - Transformers Wiki :Breacher repaint, Guard Convoy's worst nightmare.:ev: 

I mean we all thought their would be no hope in any further release for the Reveal the Shield figures after stores like Wal-mart passed up on the RTS line to make way....for the ever so dissapointing Dark of the Moon line. I was even more dissapointed that we weren't ever seeing any release of Rumble and Co.

But because the big retail chains passed up on them, they shipped all the RTS figures to stores like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and recently 5 Below. Which the latter now has a vast quantities of the once ever-so-elusive (i paid $50 bucks for wee wittle guy) scout Windcharger) and other scouts.

Granted that Windcharger and other RTS toys were actually released in certain markets around the world like Canada and Europe and that other recently cancelled 2010 toys like the Voyager Megatron revival pack or the Sideways with the Bike Sisters pack have been indefinatley cancelled (then again these were Target exclusives. However there had been cases where GI Joe toys thought to be long cancelled showed up months later as Ross.

I somehow still foolishly still believe their is a chance we can see the second wave of RTS scouts still released.

Do you think we'll still see these released at some point.....at heavily discounted store prices...or atleast heavily scalped prices over the internet. :redface2: 

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I've yet to see any proof that RTS Rumble, Downshift and Bodyblock ever made it past a few packaged samples... there seems to be this myth that becasue Windcharger didn't get
    a full US release, and was released somewhat widely in Europe, then Rumble must have been too.

Well it wasn't. One person in the U.K claimed to have seen Downshift, but this was never proven. Hasbro UK solicted that case for last March, and then it turned into vapour.

I also don't recall ever seeing RTS Rumble etc, for sale on eBay. Salvage, Undertow, did pop up the odd time, with, of course, plenty of Windchargers
    and Chopsaws.

The lack of scouts in the DOTM line isn't a great indicator either.

At this point, i would guess Bodyblock and Downshift are probably canned for the forseeable, if not for good.

Only way any Hasbro version of Rumble and Frenzy from that mold will ever be even distributed evenly is if they're shipped in the same case, and that means
    a two pack. Which probably means a store exclusive.

Sorry, but no matter how Hasbro handle that mold at this point, there'll still be someone who thinks they got cheated somehow.

People who just went and ordered the United version as soon as it was solicited, took the best option, imo. It was fairly obvious something was going to go amiss with the Hasbro versions.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would buy as many repaints of Breacher that they would put out.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Considering that Hubcap and Breacher were both pretty well received....it's kinda funny that they haven't had any repaints released yet.

But it wouldn't be the first time non-movie toys got $hitcanned.

Although personally, i'm not fussed. The United decos of Frenzy and Rumble are far better to me than anything Hasbro are likely to do with them.

5. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with miscreant. I don't think these figures were mass produced, they probably made a few samples and that's it. Hasbro would have found a way to release them if they had them lying around.

6. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    As much as a release of these would be awesome, I have to point out the faulty logic in an Over-Run PCC "release" indicating anything for these as the toy has been out for some time. Over-Run was available at HTS and BBTS for quite some time in the Spring, it wasn't a lost mystery release or anything like that, merely another distribution victim of DotM.

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm willing to bet Rumble will follow the same pattern as Red Alert. Takara will release him first, then Hasbro will follow suit when the next Classics iteration comes around.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They could also be Asia exclusives.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Don't care WHERE they get put out at, I needs my damn green Breacher. And FIRRIB.

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be surprised if we don't see Rumble (and Frenzy) released at some point, since it's not very often Hasbro makes a completely new mold and it doesn't get a US release in some fashion. The two repaints are more than likely never coming out.

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I'd imagine we will see windcharger (and his repaint) but the others may never see the light of day again. (Sad seeing as how that hubcap repaint was boss)

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I'm disappointed in the lack of Hubcap repaint - we get so few toys that can be repurposed as Guardian Gobots.

I doubt that Hasbro won't release Rumble and/or Frenzy at some point. Probably a store exclusive two-pack, as was previously mentioned. Maybe a three-pack with Cybertronian Soundwave :D 

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Super Couper of Downshift. Not Bad. I guess it can work since we already had that kickass TFTM Big Daddy repaint of Cybertron Downshift. Too bad it got canned.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

That was my plan, at least.

Maybe I'll have to keep an eye open for another Hubcap at TJMaxx and take matters into my own hands...

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Will"? Windcharger has been available in the USA for months, and he's recently been stocked by Five Below in large quantities.

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    *cough* Animated Blackout *cough* :D 

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scouts are dead in the U.S. thanks to cyberverse.

Store exclusives or box sets are our only hope

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Oh i wanted that big daddy repaint to come out, oh how i wanted it so badly

but as folks said, spastic was availible at HTS, that's where mine came from

19. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And also showing up at Ross stores......every once in a while.

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I hope they do some are cool and others well people still like them anyways.