Possible Reason why Topspin has Leadfoots head

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sound Wub, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

I honestly thought he was a new character at first. Just another recycled cgi model. He's called "Volleybot" in the end credits for crying out loud.

2. evac167

evac167 Stealth Transport

News Credits:
    Yea and Wheelie is credited as wheels. In ROTF Demolisher was credited as Wheelbot

3. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this^

This thing has driven me so nuts that I also have a fan fic solution:

After dotm Cemetery wind experimented using dead autobots for hunting down the remaining transformers. SO when we see leadfoot killed, topsin was also torn apart and Cemetery wind made a hybrid to control and hunt down other transfomers. Leadspin or Topfoot has both the personalities of Leadfoot and Topspin and they argue over control of the body(weird I know but it's already pretty weird). Once Lockdown came down Cemetary Wind used him instead of Topfoot. Now that they have "escaped" and are with simmons and roadbuster and not trusting of humans. Kind of similar to the sunstreaker thing in IDW continuity, kind of not...

Also got me thinking I would've liked a zombie Dino or Sideswipe in the beginning of TLK used by TRF, I think this whole humans messing with the fallen goodguys in unnatural ways is a cool concept for the movieverse.

4. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Probably just because Leadfoot spoke in DOTM, so his head was rigged for animation. Topspin didn't speak, so he didn't have it. Instead of wasting hours for an extremely minor character, they switched the heads around because the casual audience would never notice.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Nitro Zeus=GOAT

News Credits:
    It is not a cool concept in any way shape or form.

6. normtrooper

News Credits:
    lol,

so you didn't like the "nemesis prime" storyline in TLK?

• Like Like x 1
  7. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    I liked it. Just that it deserved more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. normtrooper

News Credits:
    I agree, then why don't you like the idea of a possessed Dino, Sideswipe, or wrecker?

Kind of the same thing isnt it?

I would've personally preferred a "dead" character fighting the autobots in an emotional scene, vs the 11.5 min of nemesis prime we got.

9. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Because a zombie version of those characters would be sad to look at because those are basically all my favorite autobots after jazz. It would also mean that they truly did die. Sideswipe is confirmed still alive. Not to mention why "posses" a dead autobots when you could've just used transfomium. "Like they did in TF4". So yea unless we got dark energon involved in this no reason to have humans take over transformers. Or them become zombies.

If you want to see a dead character fight someone I think it'll happen next movie with the staff.

10. normtrooper

News Credits:
    Sometimes sad is good, these movies could use more emotion.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think we are ever gonna get an explanation for swipe,Dino, or a clear one about the wreckers.

Also where was sideswipe confirmed to be alive?? Supposedly his name was used In a rough screening but that doesn't mean it happened at all, or if we assume the individual who saw it heard correctly then it was cut and therefore not official.

I would prefer a zombie transformer used by the scum humans are, over beloved characters who just disappear..

It's been 3 films now and we have no "official" confirmation of what happened to jolt, the twins, chromia... I don't see one coming any time soon

• Like Like x 1
  11. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    Some autobots were given sanctuary. Sideswipe likes to be left alone. Dino is ? Possibly in Cuba as well. Could be with epps.

12. evac167

News Credits:
    Heard something similar about Sideswipe. I heard it was a cut scene where Wheelie is explaining a few things and he says something to the effect of Brains in hiding and not trusting humans and Sideswipe just wants to be left alone. Not sure if true or not but cool to see someone else mention it

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I think they shouldn't have bothered having topspin at all if he didn't have his old head back.
    They should have just included battle damage on topspins head. That thing we saw was a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  14. normtrooper

News Credits:
    We are in the minority but yes, I am a whiner in this case cuz I just cant get over it. It was a rough start to the movie for me cuz all over these boards there was confirmation that topspin was indeed in cuba. Then right from the get go there's that, and I am obseesive over movie verse designs and it through me off and confused the living shit out of me.

15. evac167

News Credits:
    It's still topspin. Just a different head

16. Megatronus

Megatronus Ultimate Decepticon

News Credits:
    If that was the case, I wonder why they wouldn't have just used any of the other old Autobots who had rigged mouths. Surely it would have been easier to take, say, Roadbuster's existing model and just use that instead of taking the time to copy the head from one onto the body of another.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of the not but I can see it upsetting those that are. It's equivalent to seeing Dino back with Sideswipes head.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok but they gave Canopy a new head and animated it. The old fighter Bot at the castle was more or less on a small jetfire body with a new head which was animated and talked. So why couldn't they use TopSpins already rendered head and make him talk with his own head?

19. normtrooper

News Credits:

Yes this is what I was wondering, why not just make it roadbuster and call it a day.

20. normtrooper

News Credits:
    unless they were gonna use topspin from the beginning and like splitlip said at the last possible min realized they effed up and couldn't animate the mouth or something. we will NEVER KNOW