Possible Prime Toy Hook Up...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cortexitron, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

To start off, I just want to say that this is only a fact finding thread to see if there is enough interest. Please don't leave a reply with what you want in hopes of being contacted by someone.

That being said, a co-worker and I are thinking about having a number of TF Pime First Editions shipped over from the Phillippines, and want to know if it would be cost effective enough. He was recently there on vacation, so naturally I gave him a list of toys to look for. He isn't into Transformers at all, so he needed a little help finding some. He made a few friends while there and was able to bring me back a Bulkhead. He said that his friends were willing to help him out in finding anything else so I asked if they could find me a Prime, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, and Vehicon. They found all but the Vehicon, and in decent numbers as well. I immediatly thought of my fellow collectors and brought up the topic of bringing a bunch more over to sell. So that's where we are now...

To buy the figures and cover shipping from the Phillippines, my question is this:

Are you willing to pay around $60 per voyager and $30 per deluxe just to get something in the states?? It would then have to be shipped from Wisconsin to you, again, at your cost. I don't want to buy a whole bunch and get them here if nobody wants to drop that kinda cash. Voyagers retail for about $35-$38 depending on the exchange rate, and the deluxes range from $16-$18. Then, of course, you add shipping to each. Let me know if there's any interest and maybe we can get a few lucky fans some toys that won't be making our shelves.

I'll be back after work (5pm central time) to check and see what you all think.

Thanks
    ~ JC

2. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there are a lot of people who would be willing to drop that much on a Bulkhead.. myself included.

3. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm pretty sure that you are describing the BBTS business model... :D 
    j/k

Seriously, that is nice of you to try and work out a solution for your fellow board members. Thanks.

4. Cortexitron

Just wanted to bump this up for those that didn't see it...

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would do it for a vehicon
    I figure final cost would be about $40 right?
    Thats just as good as bbts

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I may be interested if the current attempt i have does not work out would know by the end of the week. We will see. And if i do it will be voyager prime and bulkhead if it does happen.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends. Which figures are being sold in the Philipines, the Hasbro Asia or Takara version? If Takara, then $60 for a voyager and $30 for a deluxe is waaaaaaaay cheap. Additional shipping in the US would be nothing. If Hasbro, then that's right at the borderline. So far, Takara's the only one that has released the FE Vehicon so if it's Hasbro in the Phillipines you can tell your friends to stop looking for vehicons, they won't find it.

FE released so far:

Japan/Takara; US Importers
    Bulkhead
    Prime (V)
    Cliffjumper
    Bumblebee
    Arcee
    Starscream
    Vehicon
    Megatron

Hasbro Asia / Hasbro Canada
    Bulkhead
    Prime (V)
    Cliffjumper
    Bumblebee
    Arcee
    Starscream
    Optimus (D)/Megatron

Hasbro US
    Bumblebee
    Arcee
    Starscream
    SDCC Optimus (D)
    NYCC Taxi Bumblebee/Pink Arcee

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  8. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I would take a FE Optimus Prime , make it happen.

9. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    fixed that for ya :wink: 

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Thanks, fixed.

11. Cortexitron

As far as I know, it's just the Hasbro versions over there. At least, that's what the Bulkhead he brought me was. So no Vehicons as of yet...

I did find out the "catch" in this scenario however, and that's the fact that whatever assortment my buddy has picked up, wouldn't be here till the end of April. He's got some other stuff coming over then and wants to have everything shipped together. He also figured that we could catch a re-stock in there sometme and get a few more to bring over. So that changes things a bit as I know folks will want these as soon as possible. Heck, by then the new RID line will be out and we may not even need the FE's anymore.

I guess I'll see what they can get put aside, and I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

12. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Gas Powered Stick

Put me down for Bulkhead and Prime