Possible Partial Bumblebee shot?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ZeroMayhem, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I like what I can see. Looks very mechanical which is what I want from my robots designed to transform and shoot things.

I fear for the toys though.

2. TerranigmaFreak

TerranigmaFreak Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome! I was worried they might skip out on building life size models and use all CGI. A nice blend of live-action and CGI is what I like.

This BumbleBee looks like he's ready to kick butt.

3. autobotcorgi

autobotcorgi Roads optional

Ebay:
    Its about time we see some pics of the bots...I mean after all this is THE TRANSFORMERS and not called Armyformers! lol!!

4. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I agree with the previous poster. I don’t know for sure, but I’d guess that the two gray pieces on both sides of his head are where the horns attach. I don’t dig the whole “antennae” idea. I hope they give him horns instead of the antennae.

I am also not feeling the exposed parts. The guy looks like “Pipe-a-tron” with plastic parts hanging off.

Also, does anyone think that the thing coming off his left shoulder is a shoulder extension instead of an arm? Much like the transformation of Sideswipe/Sunstreaker in their Alternator forms?

5. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    the peices are shaped nothing like the actual car pieces.

So from what im suspecting, is those pieces on the arms ARE the car pieces, but transformed so much so that they don't resemble the car at all.

in other words, the car parts re-assemble themselves to form other shapes.

It's morphing time!!

6. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    I dont think that's going to be much of a concern, from what I've been reading. Between the AICN interview with Bay (still unsubstantiated, but still...) and the teaser poster I'm under the impression that, if anything, they're going to be trying to make the eyes more "eye-like" than even the cartoon had. Pupils, retina, that sort of thing, just so they can show more emotion.

Of course, I am expecting at least one or two visors or mouth shields, but, hell, it's not anything that the regular Transformers didn't already have...

7. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    for the toys, I figure they will be just like Beast machines

The movie Transformers will be totally awesome, panels and parts flipping and twisting all over, doing impossible transformations in our world. While the toys will be more simple and resemble the movie transformers, but have larger kibble pieces of the vehicles hanging off the backs, sides etc.

IE, bumblebee's arm armour in the movie will form the front of the car, but the toy, the arm armour will be hidden inside of the car in vehicle mode, and the front of the car will hang off the back.

also the hood on the front of bumble bee in the movie, looks nothing like the hood on the car. So the toy will just have the regular looking hood, and the movie will have that crazy cool shaped hood for a chest plate.

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

hm. very interesting. Its definitely better then I expected, especially after that starscream sketch.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I like it...looks cool for bumblebee...about time he got some upgrading. I was always a bumblebee fan...yes I know lame....however I always vastly prefered him over wheelie.

10. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    This reminds me alot of the sketch I saw for Jazz a few months ago (through work at GM). He had claw hands, lots of exposed black and grey parts with white car parts as slivers of armor all around him. Afraid to say he didn't have much of a human face, it looked more "alien". He did have a Cylon style visor instead of the usual Jazz sunglasses though.

This just confirms that what I saw with Jazz is going to end up being official. I just can't see how in hell they can make toys out of these designs.

11. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Oooo that looks sweet!

12. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like there are more attachment points for other "pieces" in multiple locations on the prop.
    *image removed, so as not to get the site in trouble*
    I have a feeling he won't be as "exposed" as he looks right now. He is obviously in the process of being dismantled (see man at far left leaving with part), so i have a little hope that he is more armored than he looks, but still expect a little open machinery.

13. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

A quote like this from someone who has actually seen the designs makes me worry a bit.

As for the movie pic, yeah, too many exposed parts. But hey, it's something different. G1 by way of transtech. I just hope the toys are good. I know the movie might not be good, because let's face it: Michael Bay has never been involved with a good movie, with maybe one or two exceptions. But I still hold out hope for the toys.

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I agree, I think we'll see more car-ness in the finished product.

15. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Image removed. We should remove any parts of the image here as well.

16. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SWEEET It looks like they captured a good mix between "rearranged car parts" and some fantasy mechanicals thrown in there with the car body split up into some cool abstract armor shapes.

Not to mention its alot beefier than I expected even though its not "solid" through. Love it. Definitely no Citrion-former. image is on 4chan if anyone hasnt seen it (thats the first place i ran to after i saw it was down)

17. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Well, there's really no way of knowing if that poster actually did see any test shots, so don't worry yourself too much.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Glad I got a peek before it was taken down... Studios wanted it down from AICN...

19. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry to all those guys who didn't get a chance to see it. guess you'll just have to wait a little while longer.

20. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    Glad I got to see it before it went down! anyone save it? Please PM me. Like to show the kiddies when I get home.
    Thanks! ;) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.