Possible HFTD Battle Blades Prime Remold?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ribieconvoy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Sorry if this has already been posted, but i did a forum search and found nothing. I got Battle Blades Prime a couple of weeks ago and noticed that on his instructions he had his faceplate retracted. I checked online and sure enough, the .pdf for the instructions shows him with a retracted faceplate. This was an indicator for WFC Cliffjumper, so a remolded Prime may not be too far ahead. (?) Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.hasbro.com/common/documents/dad2d6781c4311ddbd0b0800200c9a66/1FF7191319B9F3691081E25C9DB9E761.pdf and a screenshot in case you have a slow connection:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dont think there will be a remold mayeb it was an removed feature (unless its an actual remold of an battle damaged prime like the leader one)

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    eagc7, good job on contradicting yourself in the exact same post! :)  :)  :) 

Interesting find..not sure what to think of it...I don't see the need for another Buster Prime or something like that..but I guess we will see if a repaint of this figure will use that head.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Interesting but not enough to make me buy this mold again (as cool as it is).

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I hope it does get a release... I've actually come to prefer movie Prime without the battle mask.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i contradict myself to many times but i do not think there wil lbe a retool but if theres one maybe it could be an battle damage prime fig liek the leader one

7. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't the japanese version of this mold have battle hooks instead of blades?
    Maybe Hasbro will put one out with hooks and no faceplate like they did with the leader class.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro had confirmed at Botcon that they have the tooling for the alternate head and the hooks. That's what you're seeing here - the design exists, we were told some time ago. This is the first sight of it, though.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Wow, I never heard about that at Botcon. I guess I was too exited about the TF: Prime news! Well, I guess I'm gonna have to set aside another 20 bucks for another Prime! :D 

10. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At either Botcon or SDCC hasbro stated that when they designed the Battle Blades Prime mold they already had the hooks and a faceplate-less head ready and waiting in the wings for the eventual repaint. It came up during discussion when someone asked/praised Hasbro for releasing so many repaints of late with new heads and how Hasbro had been making an effort to design their molds with reuse in mind.