Possible HasbroToyShop.com order issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mister Gone, May 10, 2012.

1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Just a heads up to anyone that ordered the Prime Deluxe 8 pack at $37.99, Hasbro may have changed all records of your order to the Prime Legion 8 pack, and will pretend that's what you ordered from the beginning. If anyone has ordered the 8 pack at $37.99 and has a screen cap with the information or an invoice with the information please respond. The falsification of computer records is what concerns me the most.

2. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well people's orders should be showing up soon so we'll know before long.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Deluxe 8 Pack for only 37.99? Wow! Are you sure you didn't just see it wrong?

4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I'm more concerned that you thought you were getting 8 Deluxe figures for less than $40, regardless of what the item listing may or may not have said.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:

Yup. multiple people ordered it. Catching the error and cancelling orders is one thing I expected, but the fact that Hasbro went in and changed the records of the order and then will continue to charge people for something they didn't order is the problem.

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure the bait and switch term applies here. They clearly made a mistake pricing an item or put the wrong description, not put up an item intentionally then switch it.

However if they're switching their records to show you ordered a different item then you actually did, well that's pretty crappy. If the wrong item shows up, they should offer you free shipping to return it and refund all the money.

K-mart.com regularly does the bait and switch, you order a specific deluxe figure and they send you a random deluxe figure.

7. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a screenshot or email invoice with the item description and amount paid on it? Without this information, this seems pretty suspect.

8. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    It was a pricing error on the HTS site BUT it did happen and a bunch of people did get in on the "deal".

The question is "will HTS honor the order price"? Some orders got cancelled but some seem to ahve shipped.

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    It was the deluxe pack. I had that screen on a dedicated tab in case it ever came back into stock, and one day it changed from $37 to $92. Just go to HTS and search 'vehicon' and the only thing that pops up is that set. It indeed was at $37 for quite a while.

10. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I think that might have been a simple listing error; I'm looking at HTS right now, and I see the Deluxe pack for the much more reasonable price of 92 dollars.

11. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    Go back to the HTS and deals thread and check yourself. No need to reshash the "validity" of the deal again.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Facepalm....

Yes he did order the deluxes, it was on the site. Go check the HTS thread below this. Not sure why he needs to prove his point to anyone here. This thread is for the people that did order it, not the people asking if the deal existed.

13. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yup, just a warning that you may have some Hasbro "Customer Service" to deal with soon.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    So rereading this thread, you started this based on....what? Has this happened to anyone yet, or are you just thinking aloud that it could happen?

Just yelling "bait and switch" for no reason just drums up panic. Not cool.

15. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yes this has happened to an order.

16. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you know though, reading the original thread where the deal was posted, most people had comments stating something like "man, that would suck if they sent me the legions case", so it's not like you guys didn;t expect them to do something. I agree it's pretty shady if they try and cover their mistake by giving you another product, but people could see it coming. What's the old saying, if something seems too good to be true it probably is. I really hope someone got a screen shot or something because without that I don't really think anyone has a leg to stand on

17. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yup, companies of Hasbro's size can get away with defrauding individuals very easily, Class action is the only way to get a company to take responsibility anymore.

18. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I received my $37 eight pack of deluxes yesterday. Several other people have as well. The pricing error happened last week, and has since updated. So far no one has complained about a bait and switch, and Hasbro has honored the price.

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Fantastic, if you could have those people post here please I am trying to gather as much information as possible. Also does your invoice state "Deluxe" or was it modified to show Legion class figures, what date was the order placed and was it part of the first or second wave of orders.

I am glad Hasbro isn't tossing everyone under the bus with this one.

I have not seen any other reports of people actually recieving the deluxes as ordered. So as the first on this thread it would be great if you could supply some information on your order.

20. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I would be perfectly fine with Hasbro cancelling the order on this.

However, if they did change your order and send you a pack of Legions, that would just be completely unacceptable.