Possible Gold Ark Redeco for DOTM Ark; MP Hot Rod; TF Prime tidbits

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Seawing, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Came across this article on ASM:

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This makes me really excited for the future of the 'Prime' universe

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    TRANSLATION: That Wal-Mart listing has some inaccuracies. Probably, Wal-Mart was working from outdated information.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this information has made me happier than the whole of the photos we've seen.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The Ark potentially being repainted gold...I honestly think it looks great as-is. Honestly don't think making it gold will make it look any better.

Interesting. Maybe the Prime, Bee, and Starscream listings were Prime figures, and just based off of outdated info afterall. Still, it's nice to have quotable proof that Prime is getting it's own line, and by the sound of it, the Generations Arcee listing should still turn out to be a G1 themed Classics styled figure.

Good to know that those retooling's will be released eventually. Hopefully the wait to use Reflector as a base for a Soundwave kitbash will be worth it. Who knows, maybe by then they'll be giving us a proper Classics-verse Soundwave figure.

Actually sounds pretty cool. Might get one or two of these sets.

6. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    Maybe, but it certainly became a lot more questionable in light of this info. If Prime, SS, and BB were all in the listing under incorrect headers, then it stands to reason that Arcee was too, or else there would be TWO Arcees in the listing, with two different UPCs.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks so much for posting this!

:lol 

That REALLY surprises me.

No kidding! You're the guys who are making such a deal out of Prime, man! :D 

Ok, that does explain the seemingly-odd Prime, Starscream, and Bumblebee Generations listings. However, they did NOT mention Arcee. Hopefully, even IF Arcee was a Prime figure all along (which I doubt, but I'll admit that there's now ambiguity), Hasbro noticed the AMAZING fan enthusiasm that greeted the very prospect of a Generations Arcee. If Generations is getting even ONE new mold in 2011, she's the logical choice.

You KNOW for a fact that someone's still gonna think it was a "printing error." :lol 

8. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not necessarily. Remember, the whole Prime line got pushed back to October. Just because we've seen a Prime Arcee doesn't mean that she was on the docket for Generations, as one of the first figures.

The only thing that would seem to clarify this would be if the interviewer was sure that Hasbro reps were ONLY talking about OP, SS, and BB.

And it did seem strange to me in the context of the show why OP and SS were Deluxes.

9. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Good to know Hasbro's acknowledging the problems people have with the Japanese version of MP Rodimus. Hopefully when he comes out in the states he'll have no problems.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The article specifically mentions Prime, Starscream, and Bumblebee. If the Arcee figure was in a similar situation, I think they would have mentioned her too. Not saying that I can guarantee that we'll still be getting a G1 themed Arcee, just that I still think it's still very likely to happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Either way it's still great news that Generations is continuing on for the foreseeable future.

11. Veloxiraptor

News Credits:
    Here's something that's also worth considering. Take a look at the UPCs:

TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 65356956644
    TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
    TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651

Only the last two digits are different, and not by much. So these UPCs were assigned in a rather close window of time.

Now, take a look at the other unreleased Generations UPCs in the same listing:

TRA GEN THUNDRCRACK 65356958291
    TRA GENRTN WHEELJAC 65356958290
    TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009

All three of these UPCs came LONG AFTER the Arcee toy got one. Remember the Prime toyline got delayed a long time!

Doesn't prove anything, but it certainly makes me wonder. Someone just needs to ask Hasbro straight up.

12. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I am hoping you're right.

TRA GENERATN SCOURG 65356956584
    TRA GEN SERGEANT KU 65356956585
    TRA GEN OPTIMS PRIM 6535695644
    TRA GENRTN BUMBLEBE 65356956645
    TRA GEN STARSCREAM
    TRA GEN THUNDRCRACK 65356958291
    TRA GENRTN WHEELJAC 65356958290
    TRA GENERATN WARPAT 65356959009
    TRA GENERATION ARCE 65356956651

The fact that I don't see Megatron or "dumb kid 1-3" gives me hope(Since they too have TF Prime toys). Granted I'm also excited to get my hands on the TF: Prime Arcee(along with the rest of the line)...but I've been after an official Hasbro G1 Arcee since I was a toddler lol.

13. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Well, I suspect the Bee and Optimus listed above are the RTS ones, since they're right there with the Generations figures that are hitting now. And since TFP Megs, Prime, and dumb kids 1-3 all come in a set together, they'd all get one listing. So as much as I don't want it to be true, the theory that these Screamer and Arcee listings are for the TFP versions based on early info still holds.

14. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, they aren't.

Hmm. That UPC observation makes me a little sad. I think I'm filing Arcee from my "imminent excitement" stage to my "will happen someday (i.e. Soundwave and Shockwave)". Better not to get hopes up too crazy high.

She's still a shoo-in if the lone runs long enough, considering we've already gotten the 1986 cast and two non-toy G1 figures. (Granted one of them was invented just a few years ago.)

15. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand why Hasbro would initially order 26 episodes of a state of the art cartoon and not have a full line of toys to go along with it. I'm glad that they realized that there was money to be made and are releasing more figures, but this seems like a no brainer to me from the get go.

16. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Good stuff - thanks for posting. Glad to hear Hasbro fully cement that TF Prime is in for the longest haul possible. Great things will come of this! :) 

Also - hearing them address awareness/concern over MP Roddy's troubles is again wonderful news. Just another reason I'm glad I waited. Didn't want the trailer anyway, but now the figure itself may benefit from the QC touch-ups and tweaks as well. Superb!

17. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I call BS on Hasbro's answer for the Prime toys. I can imagine that the OP, BB, SS and Arcee figures were suppose to be a part of the Generations line even if the Hasbro rep who answered the question failed to mention her. But the idea that they weren't planning a Prime line is nonsense. The fact that we've seen Megatron, who wasn't on the Wal-Mart list, as far along as the other Prime toys tells us that they were and have always been working on a full Prime line.

We were told last year at Botcon we wouldn't see a line of figures until fall '11. With the movie right around the corner I think we all can see why we'd have to wait. But there is one other reason to consider as well. With the limitations the show has for the number of characters they have to work with right now, it would make sense for them to wait for the first season to end so that they could have enough characters to fill a couple of waves of toys.

Who knows, maybe after a couple of seasons, if the show is doing well, they could get a budget to do an animated movie like Clone Wars. then they'd have a enough money to make a bunch of new character models that they could import into later seasons down the road. After all, if the series does go on for 10 years like Archer mentioned, you don't think they'd stay on earth the whole time do you?

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Assuming you mean the G2 one, the UPC is 6535695657

19. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Yay! More Prime toys for the future! I'm glad they decided not to put then into the Generations line, other wise we would miss out on a lot over here.

Golden ark sounds interesting. Might pass on the silver one and see what the gold one looks like first.

As for Generations, I'm sad that they're continuing on with it, because unless Hasbro UK starts selling them over here in Ireland and in the UK again, we're going to miss out on a lot of good stuff, and I don't want to miss out. What makes it worse is that I'm unable to order anything online.

20. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    hmm...this seems to contradict the '3 year arc' stuff we heard about yesterday.

Not that ongoing Prime series would be a bad thing and the fact that the toy line has gone from 3 toys as part of the Generations line to its own line kind of suggests Hasbro themselves didn't expect Prime to turn out as good as it has or at least didn't expect the toys to turn out that good (except for the optimus...that one sucks)