Possible female transformer existance theories

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Post your theories on the existence and low numbers of female tf's here

2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

They exist.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That's pretty much all there is to say.

4. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

Because all TFs are made in primus' image and they represent the feminine side of him. I'm clutching at straws here, but it beats: "The autobots were lonely"

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    One i made for a varient Marvel US G1 continuity (but could easily work in other timelines as well)

1. When Cybertron was at peace there was a roughly equal amount of female and Male cybertronians which could reproduce through a process called Twin-budding which involved a male and female donating a small portion of their sparks which would eventually grow into a new spark (this was often a lengthy process).

2. When the war started Megatron wanted to make sure that the only way to create new cybertronians so he sent an elite squad of cons (likely the predacons) on a genocidal rampage to destroy all of one gender (female was the obvious choice due to the large percentage of females joining the ranks of the autobots) as he himself set out to take the matrix from sentinel Prime

3. When he found that the matrix was passed to a new leader Optimus Prime, Megatron ordered the Predacons to stop their assault against the female cybertronians but by this time their had been only a handful left in existance and the war itself didnt leave much time for reproduction

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well I completly accept the idea that they were male and female Transformers from the very beginning and that there are still equal numbers of them around even during the great war!:)  Just like our race does.

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I kinda found it sexist that in the G1 cartoon, Female TFs were an "endangered species".

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah me too, but it at least it's not as desturbing as the IDW idea of fembots. (No offense to anyone who likes the idea!:eek: )

9. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Wow, this is pretty much what my theory is about, except I place it after the age of budding but before the age of using Vector Sigma for sparks.

And this as well, though I think of it where there's only a handful of fems left on Cybertron while a majority of the survivors (though there's not many to speak of) became refugees hiding out in a remote location far from Cybertron.

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    The main problem with this is Megatrons misogyny could be used for the gain of slash fiction writers / artists.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never gave it a second that it might be "sexist".

But it could be that the "endangered species" simiply weren't made as much as their male counterparts during the war.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There is no sexual gender in the cybertronian race, as there is no sexual reproduction. Transformers have personalities that run the entire spectrum from the ultra-masculine to those dominated by traits traditionally considered feminine to humans. Most transformers chose forms that suit their personality, or failing that, their original design purpose. It is the equilibrium of these design constraints and personality aspects that create what we think of as "male" and "female" transformers. This accounts for "female" transformers that look more like Arcee, as well as those that do not appear in the traditional "fembot" form, such as Armada Ironhide and Strika.

The only logical in universe explanation for a lack of "feminine" cybertronians would either be a proportionally smaller need for those personality traits in cybertronian society, or a proportionally higher rate of attrition during the great war for various reasons.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    My idea is that before he became a planet Primus was aware of the idea of gender and when he formed Cybertron and created the Well of Allsparks, he gave out sparks with male and female traits and molded them into sparklings each with different genders. While the genders role on Cybertron isn't the same as it is on Earth,they do however have traits that are very similer to ours. So even during and after the great war there coould still be an equal number of male and females alike.

That's my thoughts anyway.

I still find it funny about how people need to explain gender in Transformers and yet the franchise has already broken many rules of phsics which many people don't seem to have problems with. I mean they don't do that at the Bionicle franchise!

14. Quantum25

Wait, Energon Ironhide was a girl?
    I'm not debating your point as I agree with it, but I just found this line to be amusing.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I don't think he means it like that.

Anyway I believe that Transformers have also in a way organic traits which allow them to reproduce. I mean Optimus said in TFP that they are also organisims which could mean that they have the means to reproduce like we do. Beast Machines explained that Cybertron used to have organic triats so it could mean that the idea of male and female robots is an organic process just like humans have it.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry, ARMADA Ironhide.

She's in an abusive relationship.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I don't even WANT to know what you mean by that......:sly: 

18. Quantum25

Well, maybe if IDW Jhiaxus got a hold of E. Ironhide it could count, but I don't think anyone wants to go down that road again.

Blame it on Armada Terrorsaur.

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That logic always made sense to me.

20. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i saw them in tf history - rodium prime went in martix