Possible clue to a sequel???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

From watching the movie, I realized one thing that wouldn't fit the way it was described.

When the Autobots are first introduced and Optimus tells the story of how Captain Witwicky found Megatron, there was something about Megatron. Not a mistake or anything - it was his pose! Optimus said he "crash-landed," so wouldn't Megatron be just sprawled out? To me, he looked more like he was in hand-to-hand combat with something. Besides, why would he be in robot mode in the first place? The Allspark was nowhere near him, so he wouldn't have been in robot form to grab it, unless if he was about to grab it but got frozen while in combat.

(The Cube would be "moved shortly after to present-day Hoover Dam.")

In my opinion, they could push this for a Beast Wars movie (not necessarily live-action), since the Beast Wars took place on Prehistoric Earth. This idea may not be the best, but it would be a tribute to the Maximals and Predacons as well as bring back some fan-favorites (Waspinator and Rattrap are my favorites).

If you have something to say about this scene, say it right here.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think you may just be looking into things a bit too much. Not a bad theory, but just seems like overanalyzing to me.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think that Megs had enough time after crashing to transform into bot-mode and then freeze when the ice that would have melted apon his crash re-freeze around him and in his gears. I'm probably looking a bit too deep in this too, but, that's my opinion on that matter :D .

4. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

the cube was where it was,and that the dam was built up around it.(ghosts of yesterday,i believe...).
    megatron was what was moved.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think it was a last effort of desperation as he froze. Trying to escape the freezing ice and water to claim the Allspark led to his coma state. He slowly wasted what was left of his energy trying to escape his icy fate, in which he doomed himself.

that was until, after centeries his power slowly returned, thugh still traped, aware, and plotting. Then, when his icy barrier was lost, he broke free.

Not to mention both points were said in the film, aswell.;) 

6. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

A live action cgi beast wars movie wouldnt work. Too many people that never saw beast wars wouldnt get why they went from kick ass modern day jets and vehicles to cheetahs and gorillas. It would be a very very bad move for the world of transformers and for Bay to make a movie revolved around beast wars for a prequel or sequel to this movie.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think that he transformed in mid air as en emergency maneuver or transformed after the crash, then he just crawled in agonize until he was frozen.

8. decepticon665

agreed.
    and i just re-scanned "ghosts of yesterday" and the cube wasn't moved--megs was.

9. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    According to the prequel comic, Megs transformed when he got to Earth, looking around for the Allspark. The ice beneath him gave away, and he fell into the Arctic Ocean, causing all of his systems to go offline.

You mean THIS movie??? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2595

:) 

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Well, I guess you guys are right. I'm probably not as old as most of you guys (no offense intended), so that makes me the amateur.

One, I haven't managed to get any of the prequel comics. Second, I didn't know that Japan made BW Neo or BWII until earlier this year. Heck, I didn't even know they made a movie. Third, I started off with Beast Wars, but since watching G1 on DVD and the new movie, I can see that Beast Wars is one of those eras long gone. (salutes to those who fought in the Beast Wars)

But, with the way things are going now, you can only assume. I am the kinda guy who tries to experiment (and sometimes gets carried away) with fan-fiction. After all, I just wanted to point that little bit out and back it up with my opinion.

Oh yeah, I knew the basics about the Cube being stationary and Megatron was moved in the movie, so that's the cost of not knowing every single detail.

But that's what these threads are for: state your opinion(s) about the dirty details.

11. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

You have to remember that with Mike Bay: continuity is not always a necessity. He probably thought it would be cool for Capt Witwicky to walk into Megs hands, and he thought he'd make Megs standing straight up with his arms down at the dam.

Him thinking of a cool shot without thinkin of how to transition between the two is probably the reason. Really only film analysts and us Transformer nerds would notice and question it.

12. decepticon665

huh?
    megs was moved by s7.i assumed they put him up like that for their ease of studying him.