Possible Bumblebee automorph hair-trigger fix

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mx-01 archon, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was kinda hoping to be able to test this out today, because I got a second Bumblebee for kitbashing purposes, but as luck would have it, the second one was perfect (good for me, bad for the test), the mechanism resets properly every time.

Anyways, it's not really a "fix", perse, because the toy doesn't have to be modded or anything. It's all in how you transform the figure. On my first hair-trigger one, the problem seemed to be simply that the spring-loaded tab that keeps the hood up wasn't extending far enough. So the trick of the matter was trying to find a way to get that tab to catch. And I found, pretty much by accident, that if you apply pressure to the windshield and pull it back a bit, it gives you more room to pull the hood back just ever-so-slightly further. Seems it's enough for that locking tab to grab a firm hold, though. After doing that, all that would let the hood loose again was to push the button. Works every time. Alternately, you could just pull back on the hood extra hard, but with all the reports about the mechanism easily becoming stressed and broken, I wouldn't recommend it. Doesn't work as well that way, either. I can only get it to grab about half the time.

Anyways, since it seems it's such a fine tolerance issue, you'll just have to try it for yourself to see. Otherwise, if it annoys you that much, buy another one and see if you're any luckier.