Possible April Fools Joke

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Mar 23, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

people still thought there might be a chance of Sonic in SSB...SSB Brawl that is...but that didnt come true....maybe the next one after that :D 

that got me thinking, what about the nude (Lara Croft) Tomb Raider code...or was that not an AFJ.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was neither a code, nor a joke. It's real, but it comes in patch form for the PC games. It's not built into the game, for obvious reasons.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely a joke. I remember their first joke ever... Getting Simon Belmont on the NES TMNT game. And then getting the Champion Edition Characters playable on SF2. Good stuff, but now people are on to them.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And it's totally worth it. There's nothing like triangle-shaped boobies.
    :p 

5. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

Meh, I hate April's fools day, and any professional magazine that engages in such childish pranks lose all respect from me.

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Oop! Sounds like somebody's a bit of a sourpuss!

7. Skywarp_TPK

It's a professional magazine, so it should act like one.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well then everyone in the worl is a professional human, and should never have fun. Because fun sucks. Maybe we should all grow up and stop buying toys. And posting on internet forums about them.

You have such a great point!

9. Skywarp_TPK

Your counterpoint makes absolutely no sense.

Its a magazine that reports on gaming news. So in April it prints out a blatent lie that confuses people. I find that to be highly unprofessional.

10. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And, imagine that, most people know that any publication (especially EGM) that reports news in their April issue that is "too good to be true" is probably a joke.

Why? Because most people aren't idiots. And if they were a temporary idiot and the joke got them, then most people can laugh at themselves and go "Oh man, I sure was an idiot, ha ha ha".

I'm glad there aren't more people in the world like you. You sound like one of those guys that can never take a joke and never have fun. It's not a blatant lie unless you are an idiot, frankly. Because only an idiot would read it at face value, believe it, then get angry when it wasn't real. Normal people just take the joke, or at most go "Awwww man, I wish that were true".

April 1st is what it is....take it or shelter yourself from the world so you don't get bruised if you have no sense of humor. :p 

11. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

While the magazines may be called "professional", you act as if they have no humor in them. Almost every mag i've read has parts that are supposed to be humorous and make you laugh, and the april fools jokes are a part of that. They usually make it pretty obvious that it's a joke (41 characters, 4-1).

Really, is the announcement of a fake game for a humorous holiday that much of a reason to call it unprofessional? If they were to have a Halloween theme in October or a Christmas theme in December, does that make them unprofessional?

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you have a brain cell count of -1, you know there's going to be an April Fools Joke in the magazine. I don't think it's unprofessional, but more of a tradition. Now if they print gay pr0n in it, that's unprofessional.

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R died.

P.P.S. I was not saying you have -1 brain cells, just trying to make a point.

P.P.P.S. Yes, my counterpoint does. To me.

13. Skywarp_TPK

Not everyone knows that that magazine runs an April fools joke. Just because you know it does, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I can take a joke like the next guy, but it shouldn't be a lie from a news sources. What if CBS Evening News ran a story that said Rat Poison had got into 90% of the US milk supply? That wouldn't be funny, nor is this.

It's not that they are having a festive theme that is making them unprofessional, its the way they are doing it. It's their job to report Gaming news, not make up stupid lame lies/jokes about video gaming. They are betraying the core of what they are supposed to be doing as a professional magazine. So yes, that makes them unprofessional.

I can take a joke, but this one isn't funny, nor is this flame bait. You read one post and suddenly you can tell me all about myself? Yeah, whatever. If there were more people in the world like me, then maybe the world wouldn't be such a nasty vile place.

14. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    A joke is not the same thing as a lie. Jokes are absurd little things meant to surprise you. If CBS said there was rat poison in milk, that wouldn't be a friggin' joke.

If you can't tell the difference, I hope I never run into you at a party.

Knock, knock!
    Who's there?
    Orange.
    Orange who?
    My uncle molested me when I was nine.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I heard that if you collect all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2, you turn in to Super Sonic.

LOLOLO YEAH RIGHT LIKE I'LL BELEIVE THAT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Chuck Norris.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Gotta love April, its the wikipedia of the Gregorian calender.

17. Skywarp_TPK

Yeah it would. They would report that there was bad milk and everyone would go out and throw out their milk or dump it out and the next day Dan Rather comes on and says, "Gotcha! April fools!"

You see, the severity of the news aside, it's the same dang thing.

18. RandomFerret

News Credits:
    Yes. The severity of the news is the difference.

Saying they're same is like saying a puddle and a split-level four-bedroom colonial house are the same thing, except one is made of water.

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

No, it's not even close.

"This is CBS Nightly News. More on the rat poisoning in milk, if you drank even a drop, you will be severely ill, and you may die."

Compared to...

"Hey! Let's make a game LOOK reall and say it's coming out! Then people will think it will come out! But it won't!"

Yeah. I totally see where you're coming from. :rolleyes2 

20. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't need to tell you all about yourself, you know who you are. But just from what I gather in what I have quoted right here, you are cynical as hell. And I know for a fact that we don't need more of that in the world.

Not trying to flame, but you are the one that got all butthurt about a stupid video game gag. Sorry if I pointed out some things that stung a bit. There's a saying about that somewhere....

-Dusty