Possible Alternators/Binaltech Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by quantumhawk, May 31, 2006.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its rebuttal BTW.

grammar police mode /off

2. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I will now sum up this thread.

Poster 1: It real, becuse of this point which i am making.

Poster 2: No, it's fake, because of this point that i'm attached to.

Poster 3: No its not, it's real, haven't you seen this detail.

Poster 4. Either way, i'm excited.

Poster 3: I don't care if you're excited, haven't you seen this detail!?

Poster 1: I'm upset, because poster 3 says i'm wrong, and they're obviously overlooking this detail.

Poster 3: No i'm not.

Ad Naseum

Anyway, i hope it's real myself, but i'm ready to be disappointed.

3. Pulse

Pulse Hugged a minicon today?

Ebay:
    Hmmm...Dunno if it's real or not, but if it is then the tank mode is going to be all wrong.

Compair the image with that of an actual M1A1. The treads span the entire side of the tank. Here they are only on his legs. So either he "stack-forms" and will be to tall or the treads are going to be way short.

Next, there isn't a turret shown. Now, it could be said that it's the cannon barrel on his back, but it's shaped wrong.

Next, since his legs seem to form the front of the tank, that means his head/upper torso form the back of the tank. Again, shaped wrong. The M1 is a turbine driven vehicle. It has a huge, square, exhaust port on the back. Also has a large flat area over the top of it where engine access is granted.

Lastly, back to the turret, it's almost as big (2D surface wise) as the rest of the tank. It seems to not be here. The turret has to hold 3 people to the hulls 1 (loader, gunner and commander in the back, driver in front under main gun barrel). Also, the turret holds all of the ammo for the main gun, co-ax and, if installed, a .50 cal. So there is a lot of room (though most of it ends up being used) inside the turret.

This isn't reflected here at all. This seems to be a G1 (gun) megs upper body with a G2 (tank) megs styled set of legs.

4. Pulse

Ebay:
    Few more notes:
    The tank shown from the movie isn't an M1A1 (or any american tank). Not sure off the top of my head (my vehicle ID for foriegn tanks is a bit rusty as I've not been a gunner for many years now) but I'd guess it's european, maybe german. Though I've not seen that particular "double" turret stule before.

As for the treads "wrapping" on his legs, that's not what seems to be happening. Remember, the treads on an M1 are about as tall as the hull itself. So the treads on his legs are about the right size (height-wise) but are not anywhere near as long as they should be length wise.

Here's an image for reference:
    [​IMG]

I missed it before, but his arms do seem to be part of the turret. Only problem is they're still not, really, all of it nor does there seem to be a place for the rest to go. They are also missing hatches and other details you'd expect to be present on an alt or master level mold (there are periscopes and things all over the turret).

Having looked at the two images side by side for reference, and thinking back to when I was climbing around on M1's, I'd have to say that, if this is real, it's going to be off in many respects.

So don't put me on the "it can't be" bandwagon, as I'm not there yet. But I'm not sure that this particular design is really as good as it would seem. The only way to save the legs, imo, is if they are the ENTIRE underside of the tank, folded in half (bent where the feet stick out). And if the bit of kibble you can see behind is right (left as you look at it) hip is front part of the turret (his arms would have to be the back part because of the racks).

Though I'm still not seeing the engine compartment or back of the tank coming together with his torso shaped the way it is.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Totally in agreement with you there! :thumb 

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that double turret (and evil looking 'cattle guard') may have been 'mods' to whatever real world tank it is, I can't recall having ever seen something quite like that double turret...

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've made the connection on the tfans forums that the reason the arm cannon doesn't look so much like G1 Megatron's cannon is because it's actually made from the tank's engine! Sounds very Alternators-like to me.

[​IMG]

If this is fan art then damn, it's well executed and thought out!

Steve.

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Surely you meant spelling police, not grammar police.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he's KA... nobody ever knows what he's thinking hehehe

10. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

Huh, sure it a dead ringer for the engine. I never thought of that. Thanks for letting us know. :rock 

This has to be real. All that research and engineering, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it all. Still erring this side of caution though. :redface2: 

11. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

And now to throw another wrench into the works ...

IDW's TF: Infiltration #5 shipped this week. It has pages and pages of a very G1-ish Megatron with an obvious tank mode (though no pics of the alt mode itself), which are VERY similar to the Megs depicted in the color guide.

However, similar does NOT mean the same. For one thing, IDW Megs is all white and silver -- none of that tan coloring. For another, the other half of his treads are present -- on his back. I'm not sure how the turret transform works (the arms don't look like anything BUT arms), or if his arm cannon is the tank cannon.

To be honest, I like the IDW version a little better. Probably the colors. It's certainly E.J. Su's best redesign so far.

-XCN-

12. Pulse

Ebay:
    The "cattle-guard" is an actual piece. It's a mine plow. There are two versions that can be fitted to the front of an M1, one like the dozer plow shown on the movie tank and one that is shaped like the main drum of a steam roller. One scoops the mines up and sets them aside, the other sets them off in place.

Still not sure what tank it is, but most of it is real or, at least, based on real parts.

And the cannon shown in the image is similar to the turbine shape of the M1's engine, but it's also similar to any turbine engine, or 50 gallon drum. It's a simple round shape with some minor detailing sketched on.

The gun would take a few seconds to make. It's the robot form I'm concerned with as the arms, legs nor upper body seem to come together to make anything resembling an M1.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Times like this I wish we could just get a Yes/No answer from Hasbro.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    grammar police is more... catchy.