Possibilities of the Dinobots in Transformers: The Quest for More Money

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DinoFreakUSA, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lolol 

I see no possible way Dinobots can be included. They just won't work.

2. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

They are not hiding from anyone. Dinobots don't hide, the enemy does. And no matter how well the enemy hides, they will find them.... and kill them.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think the Dinobots would work every well in a movie. People don't care how it's explained, they want to see robot on robot violence, and the Dinobots are the greatest purveyors of such.

4. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

How would they not work? That's like saying a giant metal scorpion wouldn't work because scorpions are meant to be small or that a flying metal bird wouldn't work because birds are not villainous enough.

I think they should be included mainly because it can be done and it would also freshen things up a little. All of the autobots have been humanoid to vehicle thus far while the Decepticons are the ones given the most variety of forms. I mean, how are giant metal dinosaurs any less believable than a giant mechanical worm?

5. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Oh no, birds are plenty villainous. Seagulls, for example, will shit on your head. Oh yes, they make it look like an accident, but really, that's all part of their plan to cover the Earth with crap.

But anyway, I'm all for Dinobots in TF4. I'd like to see Slag, Grimlock, and Swoop. I would not want to see Sludge on the grounds that sauropods will only mess up the toy scale. I do not want to see Snarl because I have a general dislike of Stegosaurs and really anything from the Jurassic Era.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Bay said he hates THEM

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fun fact: disguise is not the sole purpose of transformation.

I imagine Grimlock might read this and think: "Who'da thought. A fleshling after my own spark." :D 

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'm telling you, they'd only work if they entered on some sort of "dinosaur-esque" form, similar to a dinosaur, basically, a dinosaur-looking wall of weapons.

9. SuperJazz

Yes, in the Dinobot's case, it is to kick ass and take names.

And I would love to meet Grimlock sometime! :D 

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm okay with this. Some kind of Imperial Walker-like engine of war somewhat resembling a tyrannosaur would work just fine as an altmode for Grimlock.

Just to clarify, OB-san: my earlier comment about telling those who think saurian modes wouldn't work for the Dinobots to stuff it doesn't apply to you. It applies to those who are of the opinion that even your idea isn't feasible. :) 

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    True and he also says that he's not a fan of Arcee and yet she got in ROTF. So maybe in TF4 he may consider putting the Dinobots in. And while their at it maybe bring Arcee back and have her be more like her TFP version with her blue color scheme.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They way the Movie-verse treated her, she probably was better off not being included. Minimal screen time, hardly any lines, went out with a whimper, got a shit toy.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    michael bay has stated he hates the dinobots

chances are slim to none

yeah, arcee got added in ROTF, but because michael bay hated her she died

14. SuperJazz

This

She might as well been a door mat for the Decepticons to wipe their feet on before kicking more ass.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Don't exaggerate it either you two, she was a background character in ROTF because everyone was a background character in ROTF, she did more than Ratchet did, to be honest.

Exactly, something that retains the "dinosaur coolness" without looking a bit too ridiculous [like the full-blown dinosaur mode would] for modern audiences.

It's okay.

16. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I would gizz over movieverse dinobots, therefore it won't happen.

17. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I would have their "robot" modes be the dinosaur modes, and they transform into Earth vehicles. Kind of like how Laserbeak was a bird in his robot form, but turned into many different machines. No matter how freaking cool a robot turning into a dinosaur is, that just doesn't make sense in a live action movie. I mean what's the point? A giant metal dinosaur isn't that much of a disguise no matter where you are. You could make Grimlock a tank, Swoop a jet, and Slag (or his new name Slug) a Humvee.

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't like that one bit. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. It puts Grimlock, who's supposed to be a full-fledged 'higher level' Cybertronian with a humanoid robot mode and an alt mode, on the level of 'animals' like Laserbeak, Movie Skorponok and Ravage.

As I've previously said, disguise is not the sole purpose of transformation.

19. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

they will make more money if they are combiners.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Dinobots won't work in a live-action Transformers movie. Until Michael Bay does it. Then suddenly they will work.

An easy behind-the-scenes movie-making explanation for Dinobots in the movies: Michael Bay: "There are Dinobots in the movie now."

An easy in-movie explanation for Dinobots in the movies:
    Optimus: "The Dinobots have arrived."
    Audience: "The Dinobots have arrived." *continues to watch movie*

The reaction of the general audience to Dinobots in the movie. "Wow! Transforming robot dinosaurs! Awesome!"

As for Bay hating the Dinobots and not wanting them: I'm sure if Hasbro demanded they had to be in the movie Bay would have to do them. He may treat them like shit and kill them the first chance he got but he'd still have to include them.

I really don't see why eveyone feels the issue of having Dinobots in these movies is so complicated.