Positve "gripes" about the movie...spoilers!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jun 29, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those who watched the movie...what are your gripes about the movie? I don't intend this to be a "hate" thread but rather a thread on what are the things that could have been improved. Afterall, you never know "who" might visit this boards...

Anyway, my major gripe:

1. Action too fast, shaky and blur

I don't know if this was intentional or not but some of the action scenes were really too fast or too er, "blurrish" as it was done intentionally...if that was the case, I wished the producers had more confidence because the effects were top notch!!! In facy, my fave scenes were mostly of the TFs talking because those were the times I could appreciate the technology used to render them! LOL!

Examples are:

i) Frenzy attaching Sam

ii) Final battle against Brawl - at times it was extremely difficult to make out what Brawl looked liked and what the Autobots like Kazz and Bumblebee were doing. I know TFs are meant to move fast etc but it would help if we could see what they were doing.

iii) Optimus fight with Megatron - falling debris etc...cool fight but I really wished they could slow the action for a few frames.

2. Design

I'm not going into "I hate the TF designs" route but I hope in the sequel, some of the designs could be less er skeleton-like and bone-like...especially for the Decepticons. For example - Bonecrusher, Frenzy, Barricade...

At times, me and buddies had difficulty making out what happened...especially with the Bone-crusher fight.

The Autobots were ok...very robotic! We could tell what were the limbs etc.

So what are yours, guys?

*I hoped that I adhered to the forum rules...if not, my apologies! :) 

2. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I definetely agree with you on the action thing. But after sitting through 3 screenings, each with different seating arrangements, I find it isn't that bad if you manage to watch a screening with a digital projector and sit near the back.

Not a very major gripe, but some of the dialogue is really quite cringe-worthy, especially those delivered by Megan Fox. Most of the other actors know how to cover up bad dialogue with their acting.

3. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    You watched it 3 times also? LOL! I've got a couple more 'dates" with other friends who are old TF fans also.

I watched the digital version also but I guess I was pretty close to the screen...3-4 rows from it! XD

The thing is both of us were hardcore enough to have watched ot 3 times but for those who watched it once...its going to be disorientating.

4. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I have the same gripe as you, which is many action scenes from the final battle move too fast, and I have a difficult time trying to understand what are the Transformers doing, who's who and what happened.

Another major gripe is whereabout of Barricade, he just disappeared after the highway chase. Maybe he escaped after seeing Optimus beheaded Bonecrusher, but at least show some scene of him running away.

And does anyone think that the movie ends too fast? After Megatron is killed by Sam, the whole movie just somehow end in less than 3 minutes.

5. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd have played either the original Generation 1 theme or a funked up version of it when Prime arrived to fight Megatron.
    And I'd have shot his arrival differently, I'd have had Prime slam into Megs from behind and then transform.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah...the action was too fast and blurrish. I couldn't see Brawl properly, I couldn't see what Bumble was doing etc...all I see was what I think I saw Bumblebee shooting Brawl in the head, leading to his defeat.

And yeah, there was no explaination for Barricade and Scorponok but I can live with that...or what about Jazz just staying in car mode when Bumblebee had his legs blown off...it would be cool if Jazz transformed and tried to help the Bee.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    That final scene was creepy. Sam and Girl making out on top of bumblebee while the other three just sit there watching in the dark.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Hahaha! I somehow couldn't stopped laughing when you posted that! I guess if it were humans, it would be er, peep show or something!

I was thinking maybe some scene involving people could have been cut such as the female analyst and her hacker friend...what do you think?

9. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Yeah...those 2 are pretty useless other than translating the message hidden within Cybertronian language. But the hacker dude is really funny

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the camera was a little blurry during the fight scenes, but at the same time I guess if you were actually there when Brawl is blowing up your town things would seem blurring as there's debris flying everywhere and you'd most likely be running around like a headless chicken, in that sense I can understand WHY the camera was blurry at times like that, but well, clearer could've worked better.

11. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

yeah, what happened to Barricade? they explained Starscream but i got the feeling some fates were edited out of the final pic.

more Starscream would have been nice, he obviously was in charge while Megatron was iced but he kind of just showed up out of no where at the end. once again, i think some scenes were edited out.

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah the puppet version of Frenzy stood out really badly.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can understand the movie produces wanting the give a sense of chaos but I would prefer if the slowed the action was slowed down abit...to appreciate the effects. For example, Bonecrusher crushing through the bus was really an amazing scene but how I wished the scenes would slow down abit in his fight with Prime.

LightingZero - yeah! The hacker guy was extremely funny! The whole cinema burst into laughter when the FBI raidedhis house and chasing his cousin! XD

Anyway, I'm glad this thread is turning out to be as I hoped..."positive comments" on how things could have been better and not a "hate" thread! :D 

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

They probably realised the cast was going to be short on females and the lady hacker was an attempt to address that.

On Bay's action style: I certainly appreciate why some don't really like it. When I first saw THE ROCK, the car chase through San Francisco gave me a headache (especially the close-ups on the drivers through the windscreen that wobbled all over the place), but I have to say I'm used to them now and that I think the idea is to try and place us right in the action as opposed to just having us as outside witnesses to it.
    Again, I'm not trying to make anyone 'like' it more than they do, just saying I see where Bay's coming from.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, good point about the Rock's car chase! I too was pretty dis-oriented by it...even fact, when the TF movie ended, I overheard some members of the audience commenting that they were really physically giddy by the action! XD

16. Khelben

Khelben I like stuff. TFW2005 Supporter

The major gripe some of my friends have had (the non Transformers loving friends anyway!) was in regards to the quickness of the action also. I personally didn't see the problem and think that it was done that way to portray how it would be in reality.

17. ThaFresh

ThaFresh Member

I found the action scenes too shaky first time around as well, on a second viewing I was able to follow the action a lot better. Give it another go

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Mass-Shifting - when I saw the AllSpark reducing in size, I was saying to myself that they (producers) could have done it and pulled it off with the likes of Soundwave and the tapes.

19. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I think they want a semblance of realism for the Robots themselves, show them to be just an highly advanced yet realistic tech-based society. The Allspark itself is some mysterious artifact with alot of hidden unquantifiable properties which even the Transformers can't explain. Since it is a so-called quasi-magical object, it is easier to suspend your belief when you see it Mass-shift, but not so much for the tech-centric Transformers. If they keep doing alot of size changing for the TFs, non-fans might go wtf.

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sorry but I thought the Allspark looked absolutely ridiculous when it shrunk down.