Posing your transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by General Magnus, Nov 10, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Here´s a question. Will posing your transformors in certain poses (pointing their guns, and other dinamic poses) wear down the joints in time? Or is it ok to let them be in the dinamic poses?

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Well if you pose them quite often , they will get loose quicker , but it'll be awhile ..... also depending on what figures.... but if you pose them and leave them in that particular pose then they should be okay......although actual ball joint will get loose alot quicker , like what's on Beast Wars and Animated figures .

3. General Magnus

WellI pose them and leave them of the shelf. I don´t mees much with them.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    The friction of plastic against plastic movement will always cause wear. Only takes a tiny layer to rub off before the joint gets loose. Heavy guns and accessories can speed it along. But I don't think just leaving a bot's arm up will cause any significant extra damage at all.

5. General Magnus

Heavy guns like movie BB´s cannon?

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Nah. Most weapons that size that come with TF's are fine.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it, man. Everything will break eventually. Each time you step on your brake pedal, your brake pads wear down a bit. Each time you shut your door, you weaken the joints just that much. For that matter, each time you run a mile, you burn 300 calories but wear down your own knee joints just a tad.

Movie BB's cannon isn't heavy enough to do any damage. The only kind of weapon/pose that might harm your toy is leaving your City Commander Magnus in a dynamic pose while holding the BFG. I transform many of my toys many times each day. The only ones that have gotten noticeably weaker are the poorly-made toys, like Yamato's Valkyries.

My Beast Wars toys are also a bit loose, but they still hold poses great. To be honest, you probably wear down the joints more by transforming the toy than by leaving it in even the most strenuous pose.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Heavy guns like MP Megatron's fusion cannon.

9. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Yea, as long as you don't change their position alot they will be fine.

10. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Every figure displayed in my room right now is posed. This includes 4 Animated, 8 Classics, 3 Titaniums, and 1 Masterpiece. Even my 2 Gundams and 2 DBZ Hybrids are posed. Whenever a good pic of a figure is spotted I try my best to replicate it. For the longest time the standard pose would suffice ( that being standing straight and elbows bent).

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Don't worry about it. Most of my toys have been in the same poses for at least 2 years. And they're no different than the day I bought them, minus say losing that PVC lubricant smell and gaining a little bit of dust.

You should be fine as long as you're not changing up the pose every day.

12. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont change their poses very often, but i dont think it'd really wear down a joint...toys are meant to be played with anyway, and ive seen very old toys that dont seem to have any joint issues....dont worry about it, pose em as much as u want

13. newguy

newguy i

i just had to.
    Over time it will, but probaly not quikly unless the figure has week joints to begin with. I used to have my tfs (movie figs)blow the crap out of each other (for a year at most) and most stayed stiff :) lol). New camaro BB is the only one that really wore out. ive had my ratchet do a lot of fighting for over a year and it has only slightly loosened up in one of the legs. So posing is safe

14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I've had toys sitting in the same pose for more than a decade with no noticable damage to the figures. Nothing too dynamic, but not really static either. All of them are pretty much the same as they ever were (except for the G1 toys who survived my childhood and bear the scars).

15. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Only heavy accessories will really wear down the figure's joints [looking at your damn cannon, MP Megatron]. The guns that come with henkei figures or most of the animated line-up don't cause any real damage to the joints.

My BW figures are a floppy mess [most of them], but that's because they were played with so often as a kid.

16. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Don't forget the arm cannon on Animated Voyager Megatron. That thing weighs more then the figure it seems like.

17. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Why would a heavy accessory wear down a joint if it's not moving? Unless the accessory is putting so much stress on the plastic that the plastic is bending I don't understand why it would. I haven't really heard of joints "bending" either unless someone was just careless with it.

Anyways, I pose my toys all the time. I'm sure constantly posing them adds wear but its probably not significant enough for one to really worry about on a quality toy.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    zombies!!!! run!!!

19. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :rock :rip 

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. BFG really stands for "Big Friction Grinding". What no drum roll? :gen069: 

Edit: Whoa. Didn't see this was a zombie revival.