Posing tips please

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by err76, Jan 12, 2010.

1. err76

err76 Well-Known Member

As I have noticed with alot of the movie line like say Sideways, They are very top heavy with small feet. So here is my problem, I have quite a few transformers like this, when I get home, I have 2 100 pound dogs that go nuts and start running laps around my living room. This will shake the curio cabinet that some of these are in and cause some of them to fall over,, sometimes with a domino effect.

Are there any tips out there for posing these figures to make them a little more stable?

Thanks in advanced for any answers.

2. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Bent knees and splayed legs give a more dynamic stance and in most cases more stability

3. b-r0ck

b-r0ck Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Small wads of blue-tack (or yellow) on the feet to give it a little extra stick to the surface. Doesn't harm the surface or the figure. I got a pack with 5 sticks of yellow-tack for $2 (enough to stand 100 figures or more) - it's awesome for so many hobby related things and you can find it in almost any hardware store.

4. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I often take my most unstable figures and place them in the back of the shelf resting up against the wall
    (and in some cases use the stable ones as a sort of "kickstand") to make sure nothing moves around to much.

The blue tack and bent knees does work well but when I tried the blue tack it left a residue (on the wood of the cabinet)
    and collected quite a bit of dust by comparison at the feet.

If all else fails don't forget that the alternate mode (jet, car, or whathaveyou) is often more shelf stable than any bipedal robot.

5. Bandork

Bandork King Nothing

Ebay:
    Pose Sideways in a barrel roll sort of like the roll he did in the Shangai chase through the house with the Arcees following him.

I know for a few weeks there I had Sideways in car mode with Sideswipe above him slicing through him. You can squeeze Sideswipes sword in between the gaps in Sideways bonnet and have him slicing through Sideways. Can't take pictures at the moment as my figures are in storage but will as soon as they come out.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Easy. Get rid of the dogs.

7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Of course he doesn't want to rid of his dogs. Now that would be an inhumane thing to do.

Just find a pose which is most stable. Perhaps use a piece of foam topped with some cardboard, for them to stand on ; may absorb the tremors.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I say keep him in alt mode. There is no way you're going to pose him securely with those feet at all.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    As for the Sideways mold, I use the wheel as his heel like this...
    [​IMG]
    But if you still have a problem, alt mode might be the better idea.