Posible confirmation about what Beast Hunters is

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You mean that Optimus Primal was the G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron was Megatron, not some random Con who decided to call himself Megatron?

It would be neat.

I think people are jumping to way too many conclusions based on (and no offense intended to the OP) a rumor. If this "Beast Hunters" thing is tied into Prime...should we be surprised? Isn't that the Transformers brand going forward? Also, they already put Inescticons in the show, and we have a Prime beast-bot. I am not at all surprised and I'm curious what they have in mind.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Again I do hope that we won't have to wait till Fall to see Season 3 because that would be overkill if we had to wait that long.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

LOL :lol 

4. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Give me an episode not written by Marty Isenberg or David McDermott that backs up that assertion and maybe you won't sound reactionary!

Seriously, sometimes people that work on something don't have an intimate knowledge of the franchise they're working on. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or a good thing. It just is, nothing more.

I'm not one of those incessant detractors, I'm just trying to get people to temper their expectations, 'cause god knows I haven't seen Prime do much of anything this season that played to expectations.

5. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    So they're completely changing the shows format/concept as early as the third season? I thought they said they had this planned out for years but now it won't even outlast animated before it gets overhauled.

6. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Hmm. Not sure where I stand on this. On one hand the dragon thing in the background fits the Prime aesthetic... on the other hand it SCREAMS fake. Guess I'll just wait and see...

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Or maybe its part of 'the plan?'

Just throwin that out there :p 

I do love how two llittle words can cause so much talk and rampant speculation, though xD

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

or more likely, beasts, hunting the prime cast.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the risk of sounding silly, is anyone else having trouble getting the document? Apparently I can't access it.

If anyone does have it, I volunteer my services for translating it. Hit me up and I'll do what I can.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I haven't been able to access it. I don't think Neo-Bombshell made it view-able by the public...

11. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah right, cheers for the clarification.

12. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The longer beast wars stay's dead, the better.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    For many of us, that's OUR G1.

14. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    Your point?

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I can dig it. If this is true, then it's the best way to bring back beastformers. Just about everyone is a fan of normal vehicle based TFs, but a lot of people, myself included, just aren't fans of beastformers to some extent. A lot of kids may not like them either. Doing another TF toon and toyline that's nothing but beastformers would just end up alienating a lot of folks.

Beast Wars was a huge gamble on Hasbro's part and it came at a time when the TF franchise was pretty much on life support. So Hasbro really had nothing to lose on the gamble. I wasn't collecting back then, but I've heard since that the fandom atleast was very divided on it. But...it was Car Robots/RiD coming along after Beast Machines that launched the TF franchise back into super popularity. And you don't have to be an Einstein to figure out why.

As for how this gonna work into Prime. my guess is that the Autobots are gonna defeat the Decepticons for good in the Season 2 finale. And then Season 3 will open with Thundertron and the Star Seekers replacing the 'Con's as the villains. Megatron, Thundertron, get it?

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    My point is to show respect. G1 might not be my childhood, but I'm gald the fans of that generation can still enjoy their beloved characters. I would hope at least the same is returned for us.

Don't like Beast Wars, that's fine. But to wish it stays dead and prevent an entire generation of fans of enjoying from the characters they had as a kid, like you can enjoy, I don't agree with.

17. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    This is going to sound weird but the main reason WHY I didn't like Transformers as a kid is just because they turned into cars and planes and viechles.

I HATED toy cars as a kid as I found them to be the most boring toys anyone can give me and the robot ascpect didn't help it. When you add that to the fact that I hated the G1 cartoon as a kid as well (I rented the whole season one from a local video-store and didn't even finish the MTMTE pilot) Transformers just never appealed to me.

And then I found out about Beast Wars. The cartoon never aired here but there were the toys and oh my god did I love the toys. I was the greatest thing I ever saw. Dinosaurs and giant bugs and scorpions....and they TURN INTO ROBOTS?!

I loved everything about it and I would jump with joy if a new Beast toyline was made.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i bet you are just a joy at parties.

you don't hear me clamoring for the death of g1, let us 90's kids hope for the revival of our childhood transformers

19. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

News Credits:
    Well that post I made was slightly exaggerated for reaction, let me explain: By all accounts I should be a beastwars fan, I was the correct age when it came out and I love the concept, but I never got into the show (perhaps it didnt air where I come from). I may have bought a figure or two (did they ever release a metallic blue triceratops?), but that was about it. Im not completly ignorant, I've watched a couple of episodes and thought it was alright. Now heres why I said that dead remark: didnt Beast machines finish up the story? peace on the terraformed cybertron, No more predacons/ vehicons, and everyone was happy. Is there really a reason to continue the story?

20. doomboy536

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow man, no need to be nasty. The Beast Era contributed a hell of a lot to TF canon and hasn't really seen anything new beyond some club fiction and a few exclusives for over a decade. Why not let those fans have some fun? Who knows, we might have some too ;)