Portrait of Ruin is the best Castlevania ever.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ZecksKitty, Jul 31, 2007.

1. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Portrait of Ruin is great because its a sequal to Bloodlines. Bloodlines was the first Castlevania game to not feature a Belmont, and connect itself to Brahm Stoker's Dracula. Unfortunately I can't beat the game to save my life.

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I don't believe you're arguing over fisting a jellyfish.

3. gil

gil Godmaster

I seriously need to get my hands on SotN. The only Castlevania games I ever played were the DS games, and I enjoyed them a lot. If SotN is "better" then both DoS and PoR, then I really need to play that game. But, there's this thing called "hype" and SotN has a lot of it. so even if it ends up being a badass game, I'm thinking it's not going to live up to what I expect from it. In the end, I might get a PSP just to play THAT game.

4. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

It's the Ocarina of Time of the Castlevania series. If you've played Wind Waker or Twilight Princess first, it's not going to seem that great. It the same case with SotN, the games after it are more refined and fun, but SotN has the rabid fanbase because it was the first to do what it did.

It's still fun though, but it might not engage you nearly as much since it won't be your first metroid style Castlevania.

You did post in this thread. You said nothing about Castlevania. You stood up ona a soapbox to preach about how awful I am, and how I'm on a soapbox myself.

I lol'd, seriously. :3

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gil, I am posting on this thread one more time just so that you know that what kitty is saying in response to your comment would not be agreed with by many longtime fans of the series that I have ever known, and that you should play it and find out what you think about it on your own. Most people I have ever talked to will tell you it's a timeless classic that has yet to be matched by other games in it's genre, which I agree with. Still, it's all opinion.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Double Jump + Library = Bat

Bat + Marble Gallery clock room = Right direction for Mist

7. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Wind Waker more than what I've played of OoT or TP, on an off-topic note.

And in PoR, come on, give dracula some new moves! He has the same teleport and shoot fireballs and hellfire as he did in many previous Castlevanias. Needs more original content.

8. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I enjoyed SotN and consider it the best Castlevania game, ever. However, I see a distressing tendency by some people to dump on any other Castlevania game for not living up to SotN.

PoR is a good game, ESPECIALLY when you considering the limitations that are needed due to the hardware involved and the size of the screen. Could it have been better? Sure, but you can say that for SotN too. You're NOT going to be able to port SotN over to a DS.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Thanks, there is a ledge in the library I just can't seem to hit even with dooble jump..I must suck.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They sure could. the DS's 2D abilities far outshine the PS1, and now developers can use game cards that store up to 1GB.

screen resolution would be the only difference. but since they got Alucard's SOTN sprite to work in Dawn of Sorrow (in addition to all the enemy sprites they ported over for both DS games), it seems to be a limitation konami knows how to work around.

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...SotN is the best ever for me for it was the first Castlevania I finished, and the first one that let me use a freaking sword.

next go the aria sagas-just because we are using freaking Dracula-and guns if you want.

I just want 1999 battle-I wont shut up about it until I have it on my hands....-

PoR is okay...Im happy with it , but I still like DoS better