portable video player

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ghost Prime, May 25, 2008.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i wana get a portable video player but the files i wana download are mpeg/avi/divx files and some are off youtube and veoh and i wana know how you download them first before i get anything

Also i know some can only play MPEG4 files? if i do manage to download files i want then do i have to use ANOTHER program to convert the files to the format the player uses? is there a way for meto tell which files the player uses because my friend got one only to find it JUST plays AVI files....

Also whats the ACTUAL term for these things? i know some are called IPODS but i mean the BIGGER ones that look slightly like a PSP but just a tad smaller, what are they actually called?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    There's some programs you can download that can pull them off YouTube. Google is your friend.

If it only plays MPEG4s then yes you'll need to use another program to convert, else it won't work...

MP4 players.

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

mp4 players? its odd because at work i wa talking to 2 of my friends.....well i say friends, i mean more work colleuges than friends.
    Anyway they showed me that THEY both had brand new 80GB Ipods...these things cost like 120bucks last time i checked and on our wages i doubt they paid for them. They showed me a site were you can get one for free but you have to have people register themselves and say you linked them there

you dont have to give your real address or anything but i found it pretty odd because they said they BOTH got theres off this site by simply asking other people to join. figured if others wana try it then give it a go, i certainly am

why do these things cost so damn much anyways? i mean christ sake some of them cost over 200! yet the screen is only like 3 inches!? i mean wtf is the point in watching a movie on such a small screen were you have to slight your eyes just to see the damn thing. For the same money i could get a new laptop which is more than just a media player.

You then get these things with 2gb of memory.......what the hells the point in 2gb of memory!? you can hardly put your fav series on there can you. I asked 1 of the guys i work with who used to have a 1gb one with an SD memory card of 2gb and even then he said he couldnt fit is entire series of LOST series 2 on there. He said it was hard enough putting his BLACKADDER series 2 on the damn thing because he said he had to convert the files into AVI and the DIVX to compress them enough to fit on the thing.

why make them with such small memory...

ive also noticed these things dont have much on brake down repair. it seems like if yours brakes down on you.......then thats pretty much it......200+ for a new one?......seriously?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we live in a disposable world, man. when it is cheaper to just buy a new inkjet printer than the refills, then the attitude spreads toward everything, regardless of the fact that the ipods and media players are pricey as hell.

5. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

yeah i noticed for some reason the link i added has been removed........thanks alot guys....really any call for that? DUH..no!

i added a link to a site that showed its possible for some people to get a free ipod as i know 2 people its worked for and figured it might help afew others here and yet the link gets removed. geez thanks