popularity of the G1 Predacons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by werepolarbear, Sep 6, 2009.

1. werepolarbear

werepolarbear Well-Known Member

Just wanted to know how popular the team is and why.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Not sure. I remember as a kid wanting them alot...but I never got them.

When the figures were reissued, I purchased them and I was truly excited, but once I got them, opened them, and transformed them...I was not impressed with anything other than size.

It might be because I never developed an attachment to them as a kid since I never had them though...

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd guess they're popular for 2 main reasons:
    1.They're WAY bigger than the scramble-city type combiners
    2.Predaking is bad@$$

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    predaking is the biggest and most poseable of the combiners (hips and knees), the colors are really nice together, the characterizations and cartoon appearances the predacons were always badass

5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I'm not sure either. Color scheme. I dunno. I don't really like it very much. Size. Perhaps the big cannon.

In fact, I'm selling mine off. I'd rather get something cooler than keep them around.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Might be following in your footsteps with mine...

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
  8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His colors match my Omega Supreme.
    seriously, i have really liked him since i was a kid.
    i just think he is the most exotic of the G1 line and as Predaking, he is badass.

the individual bots are a bit lacking, but i would keep Predaking assembled most of the time, so no loss there.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think in the cartoon, he made a very dramatic entrance. He just came out of nowhere. Other than that, he wasn't anything special to me. Hated the colors but the fact that he was a combiner was cool.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I think it was the cartoon. The toys were nowhere near as good as the dinobots. Also he got time in the comics which helped.

11. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    This is simple...the predacons were at the GOD level of combiner groups...as far as scale toywise and playability with each member...you have 5 kick ass transformers....all alt forms animals armed with huge firepower and abilities....

I loved the predacons growing up while the G1 cartoon was running...made me sad to get rid of them...always did like the preds over the dinobots...had both...just thought the preds were better toys...plus they combined unlike the dinobots...

Glad that i finally was able to get ahold of a reissue predacon set a couple of years ago...not parting with them again....

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Selling?! How much? PM me, dude. Interested if its MIB sticker unapplied for USD 250 plus shipping...Thanks! :D 

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    to me it was the cartoon that sold me on them I know the toys cant really match up but I just really liked them

14. Khaotika

Khaotika Desire Is Dead

Animal transformers that have a matching "Halloween" color scheme that carry swords and merge into the largest gestalt in G1? Yeah, I'm all over that. :thumbs2: 

They just look cool together, instead of being one large bot and several smaller minion-looking bots, they're all the same size. I don't think I would have appreciated Beast Wars as much if the OG Predacons weren't around in G1.

15. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    For me they where just better than all the other combiners of the time. They where "eh" as single robots but the fact that they where all the same size and that damn awesome Predaking sealt the deal. None of the other combiners came close to the size and bulk made him more believeable compaired to the others.

16. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Predaking was awesome in the cartoon, big and threatening and seemingly undefeatable, and I like the Dreamwave summer special that featured him also, great character in my opinion.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'm sorry I have to take issue with this, yes Predaking's Bio is bad ass, Predaking and the Predacons on the show were far from it, PK got his ass handed to him every time he showed up, he was never even a threat to the autobots, in fact did the autobots even once seemed bothered he was there?

The predacons got some very cool bio's and there toys were big and had swords, there for they are cool and very popular. Simple as that.

18. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

that pretty much sums it up.Thats why people wanted the South Korean KO Bruticus/destrong cause it is bigger.granted bruticus is awesome in general.

19. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I have the reissue myself. I got them from Digital Toys when they first came out. I'm glad I kept them ever since because I sure wouldn't be able to afford the original.

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the Korean Bruticus as I type this and yes, the size is what makes this and Predaking badass. Oh for the Stunticons to get the same treatment.

Have the KO Predaking with a lot of white and silver faces. The KO colour schemes are much better than the G1. The White really suits Rampage's tiger mode.