Popular Science Magazine

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Thunderchild, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

(Hope I popped this in the right area) Today I was casually browsing the newstands when the cover of Popular Science's January 2011 issue caught my eye. On it (see pic below) is a very Ravage-looking CGI rendering of a gun and rocket carrying robot.

Though I didnt buy the Magazine I did skim through it... there's a full two page spread of this teal cat-bot inside accompaning an article titled 'The Terminator Scenerio': a hypothetical article about government drones and robots turning againts us. I've got to say, the rendering of this particular design is remarkably close to the Ravage used in the ROTF. Perhaps this was a scrapped production design or an artist homage? Who knows, but I gotta say, with it's more panther like head and features, I think this design would have been greatly recieved by fans.

DO NOT HOTLINK IMAGES -2005 Staff

2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Reminds me more of a Zoid than Ravage specifically, of course movie Ravage reminded me of a Zoid first time I saw it in action.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also looks sorta like the lame Voltron movie designs. I will never get that image of anorexic robot cats out of my head.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This isn't Transformers news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.