Poor Timing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaosbringer_00, Apr 10, 2008.

1. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Last Thursday I was going to go to my first-ever concert, which was of one of my favorite bands, Symphony X. So Thursday morning, without any wqarning, I suddenly get a stomach virus and become unable to stand up, much less go to a concert. Impeccable timing, to say the least. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed at not being able to have gone.

Has anyone else had an interesting occasion where something has happened at just the wrong time?

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was sick on Easter, so had to stay home while the wife went to dinner at her parent's house. Not all bad, I played The Godfather all day lol

3. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I caught the flu on Christmas day one year while I worked at TRU. Everyone HAS to work the day after Christmas at TRU. I called up my manager and told him I was sick, despite never having called in sick before. Well long story short, they made me wake my flu-riddled body up at 5 AM the day after Christmas just to drive in to work and have them tell me I looked way to sick to work.

I would have just rather worked then had to be sick on Christmas and miss the all the family dinner stuff and then wake up early for nothing the next day.

4. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Symphony X kicks all kinds of ass. That sucks you weren't able to go.

I've been to 14 concerts so far and have never gotten sick. I am about to go see Progressive Nation, which has four acts: Dream Theater, Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, and 3. Dream Theater and Opeth are my favorite bands, can't wait.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I was dating a girl two New Years ago and I actually got sick the night of New Years Eve and wasn't able to go.

Oh. Wait. That's right, I was perfectly fine, I just didn't want to deal with the drama that she had and the smell of her apartment (it just smelled weird), so I faked an illness and the "relationship" ended a few days after.

So I guess the answer is no, not really :) 

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just a bit off topic- Dream Theater? Awesome. Those guys never seem to come within my own time zone, lol.

I failed Mass Communications 101 (yeah, the Jocks can actually pass that one, 101) b/c i missed one of the 3 major tests for the semester. Two weeks later, when instructors let students skip class to have extra time to travel for Thanksgiving, I left on a Tuesday, deciding to skip that class.
    I drove 4 hours to get home, walked into the door and in less than 20 minutes i got a call from her TA- she had announced in class that day there would be a Makeup Session on Wednesday morning at 9 a.m.
    I still don't know how she got my home number.
    I drove back within the hour, but wasn't allowed back into my dorm to sleep so i volunteered to work a shift at my job. So barely 2 hours into getting back, I went to work and did that all night.
    I parked my car after work in front of the building where she was testing and i fell asleep. I woke up 10 minutes late, ran to the class and there was a note on the door for anyone that was late:
    Missed tests in my class guarantees a failure.

Technically, she was right. i couldn't drop the class, so i stayed there, every day, turned in every assignment with a note in red ink reminding her of how pissed i was. She wouldn't budge, the bitch.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I had planned to go to the Offpsring concert which wouldve been my first, but a few weeks before I got into some trouble with school and ended up being grounded.

8. ToSte

ToSte Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving day 1993. Had big plans at my parents house, lots of friends and family planning to come over. My mom was 4 or 5 months pregnant and she miscarried at about 9 AM. That kinda put a chink in everybodies plans.
    And no, I'm not the fetus.

9. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last June, I boarded a plane to Canada as I was going there to visit my girlfriend (Who lives there, and is where I'm moving to in the near future) for two weeks. I end up sitting next to this sickly looking guy for the whole flight and, sure enough, I ended up catching a hell of a cold which lasted me the first few days I was there with her.

Course, it didn't end there... As soon as I recovered, she ended up catching the same cold that I had, and was sick for a few more days! So half our holiday was spoilt because we were so damn sick.

And that's why I take my vitamins every day...