Poor Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by combaticon164, Jul 3, 2011.

1. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

You can almost feel bad for Megatron. In the movie, you see that hes a shell of his formerself and he knows it. Forced to find an earth vehicle mode, he ends up with a weathered beat up tanker. His base of operations was in a desert in Africa surrended by his hatchlings in cannisters. He is put in his place by Sentinel Prime during the activation of the pillers by getting his head slammed. The most telling of his downfall, when all the decepticons are fighting and Cybertron is nearing orbit, he is lying against a wall looking pathetic until Carly convinces him to take out Sentinel.

2. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

see the megatron has braindamage thread there are a lot of comments like this.

3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would have honestly liked the truce ending if for no other reason than it would have made Megatron's constantly getting beat on come to a point. He was tired of the war, lost too much and just want to go be alone now.

When Megatron is just sitting there in the alley looking up at Cybertron, I see it more as a sad old man finally seeing his dream come true than a true tyrant claiming victory.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

That all sounds nice and rosy, but you still have the fact that he was incredibly dangerous and if he had been granted this truce and had a chance to rebuild himself and the cons, would have been even more so. I agree that just a few simple lines of dialog would have really cleaned things up.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    well, after seeing someone who your betrayer teamed up with kill the betrayer,and after having enough of the war,death,and decepticons all at once,and when fueled by rage, what would you do?

6. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I know. I love Megatron. I didn't want him to go out like this

7. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Thats exactly how I felt when I saw him there just watching Cybertron come into orbit. Would have been a perfect moment for redemption, but he has gone this far and killed so many it was going to end badly.